Thursday, July 14, 2016

Forgotten Soul Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
1. Forgotten Soul is a raw black metal duo. It is an extension of our true selves in every possible way. There is no exaggeration, or act. It is a…Creative way to express our utter HATE for mankind, our severe depression, our darkest thoughts, and isolation. All of these things are true, and  shine in menacingly. It is, in my opinion a continuation of the TRUE black metal, with some newer influences of bands we deem worthy of our time.

 2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
2. Raw. Always raw. But some albums are more atmosphere oriented, while others are just fucking brutal, and focused on creating a sense of panic, and anger. We record with one mic, live, with no real editing, in a basement without sound proofing. We always knew that it should be raw, because we mainly listen to raw black metal. Sometimes the songs are quite depressing, while others are pure unfiltered rage. We try to inspire our listeners to tap into the most negative emotions possible. We don’t want happy fans. We want people full of rage, and depression. Our music is clearly not happy, or bright, because that would not be truthful of us. The music we make is a mirror image of ourselves in the truest sense.

 3.In the last couple of months you have pot out 5 releases,where do you find the time to record and release this much music?
3. We live mainly for black metal, when I am not writing, or recording, I am listening to black metal, when I am not listening, I am thinking of lyrics, and riffs. The world around me is so depressing and dark everything inspires the hatred necessary to craft these dark hymns. I don’t find the time to make black metal, I find the time to do anything else. When I am not obligated to attend other affairs my mind is on my craft. Again we LIVE for this. I feel passion for nothing else. Forgotten Soul demands my full attention and focus. It is our true purpose.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
4. Suicide, depression, isolation, hate, death, misanthropy, the past, our hatred of the church and all organized religion, legend and myth, the cold, philosophy, Satan, and darkness. I really don’t limit myself lyrically, I write what I feel, it just so happens that most of the time this is where my mind takes me. I, Wraith am the lyricist, but before I finalize them I let Plague read them so we are on the same page, which we almost always are. I am not a happy, or positive person, so I would never promote, or write lyrics that are positive in anyway, and I know Plague would never play in a band that promoted the so called “light”. Darkness is our focus, and dark we will stay.

 5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Forgotten Soul'?
5. Forgotten Soul was supposed to be a one man project, so when I was deciding on a name it came quite clear that Forgotten Soul would be the name. I have always been a forgotten person, I have always felt as if I was just a lost forgotten soul drifting about the world, looking upon the people that are still alive. So I am the forgotten soul.

 6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
6. No. We will not be taking on any new members. The less people Plague and I need to be around, and speak to the better. We find people loathsome, ignorant, soul sucking worms. If I ever find a need to add another instrument either Plague or Myself will handle it ourselves.

 7.Your first release was a split with 'Abandoned By Light', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the release?
 7. We are different bands, and both have distinct sounds. Abandoned By Light is very high quality DSBM, while we are, in my opinion raw black metal with lyrics sometimes talking of suicide. Abandoned By Light is an amazing band and deserves a listen. We are quite picky about what bands we listen to. We would not have worked with him if we did not like his music, or have respect for him as an artist.
 8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your recordings by fans of raw and depressive black metal?
8. Excellent quite honestly. I did not expect as many people to understand and enjoy our music. We do everything in our power to make our music as unapproachable, and underground as possible. We are quite pleased to see that there are some that can understand the darkness. Our influence is spreading steadily and we feel the more minds we can corrupt the better.

 9.What can we expect musically on the next few releases?
9. It is not easy to say really. Our minds are constantly changing, and our plans evolving into different beasts all together. The next release shall be aggressive, and full of even more hate. Our minds are ablaze with anger, and fury. In fact we are starting a new song sometime this week, and I have lyrics already written out. Although I can never give a definite answer, I can tell you it will most likely be more fueled by rage then anything else. But it will always be raw, that is a promise.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

10. Bands I am listening to, and our main influences are, Burzum, Leviathan, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Xasthur, Cruda Sorte, Satanic Warmaster, Gorgoroth, The True Werewolf, Eternal Frost, Orlok, King Ov Antichrists, Emperor, and Uskumgallu. Apart from the essential black metal, we get amazing influence from extremely underground black metal bands. The underground is where the heart of black metal dwells. Apart for black metal we also listen to doom metal, like Dark Castle, Electric Wizard, Yob, Ahab, and Conan. Death metal like Pissgrave. and goth bands like The Cure, London After Midnight, and Chelsea Wolfe. Thrash and popular metal has nothing to do with Forgotten Soul.

11.How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
11. I feel that that my music speaks for itself. If you care to understand my views on such topics you must read my lyrics.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Actually…No.

Bandcamp
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment