Thursday, July 7, 2016

Isgarde Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Not much to tell. I am Somath of ISGÄRDE and I live on the island Öland in Sweden and find a great outlet in my life in solitude to compose music that celebrates nature basically and living a life far from the modern world.

2.So far you have released one album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Majestic, raw, violent, atmospheric.

3.You refer to your music as 'Olandsk black metal' can you tell us a little bit more about this term?

As I dedicate this whole project to where I live, the life on an island, I call my music Öländsk black metal because it is really what inspire me and I am probably the only on ever using that term. It is what separates me from the rest.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

Nature, life on an island, mystery, magic, solitude and especially melancholy. If melancholy wasn't rooted so hard in my soul ISGÄRDE wouldn't exist.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Isgarde'?

Isgärde is actually a place on Öland. I find the name very intriguing and as soon as I thought about it it clicked for me. This music will go under that name. That's really it.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

Yes I do perform and produce everything myself. I used my friend Emil (Yxmarder) of the black metal band Blodsrit to master it. I did have to guest musicians on the album making the intro and outro. The intro was made by Filip Lönnqvist of Rave the Reqviem and the outro by Lord Aganaroth of Sapfhier/WAN. But for the main songs I doubt having any one else involved except for live performances, if that would ever happen. I just don't see the point in working with anyone else because I have my vision clear.

7.The new album was released on both Symbol Of Domination Productions and Black plague Records, are you happy with the support they have given you so far?

Yes, very so. Everything seems to work well.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

All reviews I've seen so far has been very positive and supportive. That's pleasant.

9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

I do not plan intellectually when I write music. It has to be all on feel. I hardly think when I record and I do everything very fast because I want to capture the moment. It is almost psychedelic. Hard to explain.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

This is often surprising for some, but I do not listen a lot to music. Hardly any black metal for example. I like to write and listen to my own music. Of course occasionally i listen to music but seldom metal to be honest. It could be really any genre. Music is music to me. I dislike labeling.

11.Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in your music?

In a way yes but I see things my way so I can not say that paganism or occultism by those terms and meanings to someone else apply for me. Many times people are pleased by word games. I am not.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I will be working with new material probably this fall or winter. Thanks for the interest in ISGÄRDE.

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment