1.Recently you have released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
1) Our sound includes a set of Depressive Black Metal, with moody streaks. We were looking for a very dark and dirty sound.
Our launch demo was done in 2015, it was released in April 2016 by "Masked Dead Records", and it was sould out in just four hours.
We didn't expect such a thing.
"Departure" has been our first release.
2.The band has been around since 2012 but waited until 2016 to release a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the first 4 years?
2) It has to be said that, at the beginning, Eyelids' (project) started as an ambient strumental project, but we didn't release anything. As time goes by, we decided to take the way of dsbm.
3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores wit the music?
3) Our lyrics talk only about desolation, melancholy and solitude, and this is what we want to send out to those who listen to us.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Eyelids'?
4) For us "eyelids" indicate a sense of weightlessness and abandonment, and eyes are the mirror of everything.
5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
5) At the moment we do not perform, but in a second time, we could think about a formation to do that.
6.On a worldwide level how has he feedback been to our music by fans of depressive black metal?
6. DSBM is an elitist genre and not so popular, but the hit in the underground, four our part, is positive.
7.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
7) Our sound is influencend by bands like Trist and Hypothermia. Our taste has always been projected in B.M.Our preferences are always focused on black metal. One of the album I've most listened in recent times is Futility of Mgla.
8.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
8) In our free time we would rather escape from the daily routine, and we like losing ourselves into nature.
9.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
9) We take the opportunity to say that soon the reprint of "Departure" will be released in a cd jewelcase version with "Adimere Records". After that we will be ready for our first EP. Stay tuned and follow us.
Many thanks to all of you of occultblackmetalzine!