1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
"Gjendød is a two-piece formed in Trondheim by K on guitar/ bass and me (KK) on drums and vocals. We play black metal how we think it should sound. We formed late 2015, but we have talked about this and planned it for years while playing others styles of music."
2. In April you had released your first demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
"I think the sound is fairly perfect on that demo, quite satisfied with it. I thought the bassdrum could maybe have been a millimeter louder but I am passed that now."
3. Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
"Yes, strongly anti-christian, hateful towards any religion really... Genetics, let the strong survive, human breeding and ancient funeral traditions."
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Gjendod'?
"Redeath. Instead of rebirth. It's also musically what we want."
5. Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?
"We will probably continue this way forever, but guests might come and visit."
6. The demo was released on 'Hellthrasher Productions' are you happy with the support they have given you so far?
"Absolutely, the best!"
7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
"A lot of strange feedback saying that we haven't mixed or mastered, or that we are obviously inspired by bands that we never heard of, and that we play finnish black metal. A lot of people have understood us as well, so there has mostly been good response."
8. Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects?
"We two have played together and not together in different bands and projects since the 90ies. We have played a lot of different genres, and we live in the studio at periods."
9. When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
"We are still recording our first album. Right now we are recording guitar two, so there is some stuff left. I think it's a continuation of the demo. Same style but different songs. I don't know when it's coming because we have no clue on who, what or when."
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
"I guess Gjendød are inspired by early 90ies black metal. Safe to say that. But we try not to be specific, just try to capture that feeling. Nowadays I'm listening to old soundtrack LP's."
11. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
"Of course we are a satanic band. But occultism, if you think about this "I know something you don't and I can show you, IF you do this and pay that. I'll show you some cool symbols as well. It will help your understimulated religious mind", the answer is no."
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
"Thanks alot for the interview."