Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Paganus Diabolous Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?

Well, I have been working on the second album already, I have just started composing some songs, nothing much has been recorded, but it is probably going to be done early in 2017

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Well I would say the songs are usually just straight up black metal with a bit of symphonic elements. It is pretty raw with melodics parts, focusing on making the atmosphere, it is not about the complexion of riffs.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

The songs are mostly about death, as what happens after one dies. But there is also story telling, like on "Covering The Steps Of A Killer" or "The Tale Of The Bloody Rose", which was written by Paganus Diabolous' ex drummer, David.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name "Paganus Diabolous'?

When the project just started as a duo, we were very young, so basically it just sounded cool to us, there is really not much to it.

5.Originally the band started out as a duo but is now a solo project, are you open to working with other musicians again in the future?

Yes, there is a possibility for working with other musicians in the future. But for now, it is easier to work alone.

6.The album was released on 'Sepulchral Silence Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?

Sepulchral Silence Records is a new label, started in June this year. They offer digital releases as well as digital distribution only to bands who prefer to stay independent, and also to labels. Their roster is growing rapidly, and I am glad to be a part of it. Lots of great bands are a part of their roster as well.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

Well, the feedback is mixed. Some people like my music, some don't, but that's just normal. However, I get more positive feedback than negative, which is a success I suppose. Not many people have heard my music yet, so we will see.

8.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I see myself staying with Sepulchral Silence Records, and continuing making music as Paganus Diabolous, not changing the musical genre I play today, as long as I can.

9.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I have been influenced by many bands. Mostly bands like Marduk, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth etc, but as well by some bands from Serbia like All My Sins, May Result and Iskon. The biggest influence for the atmospheric part, however, is Abhoth from Montenegro. Nowadays I'm mostly listening to symphonic black metal, like old Cradle Of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Fortress and similar.

10.Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in your music?

Yes, paganism indeed does play a role in my music. Some of the lyrics are inspired by Slavic mythology.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I am very interested in history and mythology. I am fascinated by the gods and creatures people could think of, and how they are very similar for each part of the world.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I would just like to thank you for this great interview, I enjoyed answering your questions.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment