Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Haïr Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project ?



Haïr is my French one-man band project whose particularity is the singing in French

I am X. it means  the void, the zero, the one that does not exist, that is crossed out of the register, in short, that does not belong to all this, to this messed up world. I don't even think I was born. It also represents denial.

My project is just that of a guy who, in order to avoid beating on the head of his congeners or to avoid losing his mind, locks himself up and shouts his rage in a microphone so as not to act.



2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?



In fact, it's more of a first demo than an album. For me it's a mixture of brutal black metal with some depressive and atmospheric shots. It is only unhealthy music. Epic flights are not my thing. Sound level, I tried to reconcile at the same time a correct sound while remaining in the spirit of the black metal sound. But without going into the really disgusting stuff that you can find in some limitless ultra underground stuff (disconnected guitars, no rhythm etc...).

This album contains everything I love in the black that I usually listen to.

For information it is planned very soon a 50ex. release on CD in cardboard sleeve.



3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?



The only subject mentioned in my compositions is hatred, the detestation of the human race and all that I have ever thought of it. That shit that's messed up everything since the beginning of the earth and keeps going on and on. The guy who pisses you off on the street because you didn't give him the time or he's assaulting a chick for nothing. I'm included in that. I must certainly be as rotten as the others. For me black metal is total and definitive hatred. That's all there is to it.



4.I know that the bands name means 'Hate' in French, how does this name fit in with the musical style that you play?



I thought of several names before I chose this one.



It represents my music in its entirety and totally what I am within me. Apparently I'm a very commonplace guy. The kind of guy you see on TV after a killing "We don't understand our neighbour was so nice," you know that kind of thing. I can wish someone's death I don't mind if it was someone who hurt me, no problem.

One could define my music as brutal black metal and for me the only theme that corresponds to this style of black is hatred, again and again hate. I'm not too interested in knight stories or dreams under the black moon.



5.On the album you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?



If they come to me with projects like you didn't have any trouble. I'm interested in being able to spread my ideas and so that people can see the rottenness of our clover breed. There's this guy who offered me to release the demo in K7, another guy who broadcast the demo on the Internet. It's no problem either. I consider you to be allies in my struggle. On the other hand in pure creation I prefer to stay away from any human form. I like the idea that everything from my poor, sick, sick, degenerate head



6.The album was released on 'Noir Total Productions', can you tell us a little bit more about this label?



It's my label. And the name also represents what's in my brain. In fact, I'm assuming that no one will want to produce all the shit that comes out of me. So I'll do it myself. Now if anyone wants to ally with me in the attack, don't worry. Once again I remain totally alone for the purely musical creation.



7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?



I haven't had a negative feedback yet, but it should come. Usually when you get into something very radical, you pay the price for it.

Otherwise, an Englishman from the Carvetii Productions label offered to release ŒIL POUR ŒIL, DENT POUR DENT in an audio cassette. Then I take the criticism without any problem. It's been a long time since I've been offended for nothing and on the contrary if it allows me to do better no worries. If someone gives me a stone to sharpen my blade better and make it sharper I take.

I only had a problem with the metal label Transcendence label guy I contacted who blamed me for using gothic fonts and being on social networks, that sort of thing. But he didn't criticize the music, so I guess he liked it. And that's the only thing that matters.





8.Are you or have been involved with any other bands or musical projects ?



A long time ago I make a band called Haine Noire, then a Doom Metal band called Sombre colère, and then another black metal band Extermination Totale (you can listen to the albums here: https://noirtotalproductions.bandcamp.com/). Always projects carried out alone and which I ended up not being satisfied very quickly.

But Haïr is my most accomplished and serious project. I think it'll be the last one. And that it will last.


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?



I don't really consider myself as a musician because I don't think I have this talent but rather as a propagandist.

I live day by day in my personal life so it's the same for music. We will see what happens, but I hope to be able to continue this project as long as possible. Anyway, he appease me. And that was the original purpose. Play music to avoid knocking on the face of a guy who annoys me.

Again, I'm just a guy who hits his guitar and yells his hatred at the world not to make it worse.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



I'm very eclectic. I listened to a lot of punk. I always listen to them. I also listen to Oï music, industrial martial, cold wave,etc…. I really like the work of a guy named Jean Louis Costes (http://www.costes.org/). I can switch from a hyper honey pop record to slam death metal without any problem. Dub, ambient, Kraftwerk, Pink Floyd, crazy stuff like Stupeflip, Brigitte Fontaine & Areski that kind of thing. But black metal comes first. It's really a music that I literally dive into and invade my life every day. And so concerning the black bands that really make me go away there are in bulk Xasthur, Darkspace Leviathan, Nehemah, Aosoth, Nightbringer, Mourning Dawn, Portal, Myrkr, Funeralium (and even more...) Moevot, Haemoth, sinister Oath but these are only examples, there are too many. Then I also listen to classics like Dark Funeral, Emperor, Abigor, etc. I have nothing against it. At this very moment I'm listening to Sunn O)))



11.What are some of your non musical interests?



Cinema but not shit  that we are offered every day. If there are 6 films a year that find favor in my eyes it's huge and I'm wide. My favorite directors are in bulk: Lynch, Fellini, Ferrara, Ferreri, Bertrand Blier, Gaspard noé...

I also like contemporary art in all these forms of painting (Pollock), performance, etc…



In fact, I'm looking for an absolute means of escape in art.



12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?



I just wish people would stop smelling mediocrity, put their hypocrisy, their demagoguery and all their shit in a closet, but it is lost. I'd die without seeing that. If it happened, I could stop Haïr and go lie down in the grass. But considering the period and where the world go, I think my band has a bright future ahead of them.



To those who have hurt me, who hurt me and who will hurt me... that they die.

Official website
Twitter
YouTube



No comments:

Post a Comment