Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Misrule Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
MISRULE is the solo death/grind project that I’ve wanted to do for quite some time now. I started this project after leaving my old band behind to move across the country, and I didn’t really have much time to be in an active band, so I started writing and recording everything myself. Now I have no boundaries, no set backs, and no one to please but myself. I’ve always appreciated bands who music pushes things to the absolute limit, and I strive to do that with mine. If you like genuinely pissed off music, then you should like this.

2.You have a demo coming out in March, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Since I recorded and mastered everything myself (I’m no recording engineer by any means), I was able to get things to sound how I wanted them, within reason. In the recordings, I wanted them to be a pulverizing wall of sound that could easily asphyxiate you if you let it. I like to think I got that point across.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
Most of my lyrical content comes from an outside perspective. I write songs about veganism and how awful animal agriculture is, depression, toxic behavior, and corruption.


4.I know that the musical project was name after a Nightbringer song, how does this name fit in with the musical styles that you play?
Yes, I did get the name from a Nightbringer song, but if you dig a little deeper into the word Misrule, you will find that it holds meaning relating to how poorly the current state of government treats it’s people.

5.Currently there is only one member in the band, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?
As much as I appreciate the freedom to be able to write what I want to write and have no one else to answer to, I have actually been working with a friend to start playing these songs live, and potentially write more and turn this into a full band.

6.I have noticed other than the bandcamp or label page there is not much information about the musical project online, is this intentional?

This isn’t totally intentional, it’s just because this project is brand new and I haven’t really felt the need to go out of my way and create more of an internet presence.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black, death metal and grindcore?
There hasn’t been much feedback yet. There are a couple of reviews out there, like yours and the one on Metal Injection, that seem to enjoy the music. Hopefully more feedback comes when the entire tape is released, and not just one song.

8.Are you or have you been involved with any other bands or musical projects?
This project is an evolution of my old band Guilt, from New Hampshire. I did most of the song writing for that band, and I’m sure you’ll be able to make some easy connections between the music. You can check it out here,
http://guiltnh.bandcamp.com/

Also, check out some of the other past members new bands.
https://magnatar.bandcamp.com/releases
https://willzyx.bandcamp.com/


9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Ideally, I’d like to tour with a full band. I’m getting a little older and I’m getting myself into a career right now, so I’m not sure how feasible that will be. Otherwise, I’ll be playing as often and as loud as I can until I die.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
My influences rotate as fast as the new bands I’m listening to. I don’t like to bog myself down with “These are the 4 bands I want to sound like”. I’m constantly drawing influence from everything, whether it be music, art, what’s going on in the world, things my friends say to me, etc. As for bands I’ve been listening to a lot lately, check out Vermin Womb, Hierophant, Plebeian Grandstand, Infernal Coil, Vitriol, and Desolate Shrine.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?
When I’m not playing music, I’m usually designing artwork for myself or other bands. You can check out my artwork here,
https://www.instagram.com/calltothegrave/

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thanks for reaching out and having this interview. Also, thanks to anyone who reads this and gives my music a listen. I will always be incredibly appreciative of anyone who supports me in any way possible.

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment