Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Call Of The Red Forest Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?



Call Of The Red Forest is a One Man Black Metal Band from Thessaloniki Greece. I’ve created this Black Metal band because i love this music genre (Black Metal) since I was young.I have always loved the dark music and I always want to take out the darkness I have inside of me.Call Of The Red Forest is my dark side.



2.So far you have released 2 ep's. musically how do they both differ from each other?



For  my music I want to stay always to the same path (old school black metal)

And always want to add my own details.So I did both of my ep’s with this philosophy.



3.So far all of the music has been instrumental, are you open to using any vocals on future releases/



I like my music as it is and I don’t want to use any vocals in the future.From the first day i created this Band was instrumental and I would like to stay this way.



4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Call Of The Red Forest'?



This is a good question.
In my Darkest days I have a place in my mind to go and forget my problems and helps me to relax.This place is a big dark and red forest,Also when i listen to Black Metal some times I travel to  this place and i am thinking.



5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new ep cover?



The artwork of my new Ep is a real photo and shows the dawn between the mountains.Of course I love the beauty of nature it is an inspiration for me.

When i look the mountains it  helps me to think more clearly.
Also the nature hides a lot of darkness and you must be able to see it sometimes.



6.On the recording you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?



I love to work alone and I don’t want to have a new member in my band.
In the past I was playing in many bands with many members but for this  band and on this path I want to be alone.



7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?



I want to make music mostly for me. In my opinion musician should make music for their own need and then for money.If you love to play music and you make money from it there's no problem at all. That's why i don't search for any company at the moment, because i make music for my own self.





8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?



Black Metal fans tells me that they like my music because is different from other Black Metal bands.these words makes me very happy and helps me to going ahead.



9.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects?



At the time I only play for call of the red forest but in the past I was playing in may bands  with difference music genres,Thrash Metal,Heavy Metal,Greek Hard Rock,Punk…



10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?



I can’t  surely say if I will record a full length album but my plant for the future includes a new an Ep. currently I’m working on promoted my second Ep “Tell Your Fears” and it goes so far so good.it hard for me to record a full length album because I lack of time,but when I have I always write music always on the same path,always old school,always Black Metal.



11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



I  listen to lot and different kinds of Rock and Metal music but always I love to listen an old school music.Some of my favorite music genres are Thrash Metal,Death Metal,Heavy Metal,Hard Rock and of course first wave of Black Metal such as Bathory,Celtic Frost,Hell Hammer etc and Of Course Second Wave of Black Metal (Norwegian Black Metal) Mayhem,Burzum,Darkthrone,Emperor etc. also I listen and some soft genres of music such a Blues,Classic Rock etc.
I like listening to new Bands too in all these kinds of music.



12.What are some of your non musical interests?



I am studying  mechanical engineering  and I like this science as well But my fisrt love is music.Music is all I have.




13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?



I want to thank you so much for this interview and review and also I want to say that what you do Is very good and important because you are the voices for the new bands and this is so good and important.
Finally I will say these words to the fan of Metal music: Play Metal first for your self and after for your pocket.
Thank you Very Much again OccultBlackMetalZine.BlogSpot.com

https://calloftheredforest.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment