1. I formed the Horde Shaytan in April 2015. The proposal is to make a Black Metal fast and dense. I initially looked for the guitarist Claudius and together we composed "Ishtar" and "Lords of Hell", then invited the bassist Alan N. and the drummer Getúlio.
2.Can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
2. We chose this style because it is heavier and we also opted for a sharper recording where you can listen to all the instruments without losing the aggressiveness of Black metal, and live faithfully what you hear on the cd.
3.Your lyrics go into Assyrian, Babylonian and Sumerian Mythology, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this subject?
3. Yes, I speak in my letters on this subject, for it is a fascinating mythological strand. The way these ancient civilizations lived, their rituals and their history are incredibly influential and creators of magic.
4.With the band name and some of your other lyrics you also go into Satanism, can you tell us how you got interested in the dark arts?
4. Yes, Shaytan means Satan in Arabic, the opponent. The mythology on board is part of ancient Mesopotamia, region of present-day Iran, the Middle East itself. Sumerian rituals have influenced many satanic sects. I became interested in the black arts for the self-knowledge they give me. Like "Goetia," "Chaos Magik," and other strands of the left-hand path that teaches us that the satanic way is the path of total freedom.
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?
5. The cover of the EP Ancient Shadows displays the demon "Ugallu", one of the monsters created by Tiamat. In the epic of "Enuma Elish" tells how he helped rebuild the world from the corpses of opponents. It is also a symbol of protection, in amulets it appears with the demon "Lulal".
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6. All shows are very intense and full of energy. We try to convey to the audience all the fury of our music, and the audience responds by shaking all the time.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
7. We have some shows scheduled in our state. There are no proposals for concerts that interest us at the moment, since many do not favor the band, and we do not accept being used by opportunist producers.
8.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
8. We are an independent band for now. Of course it would be great to sign with a respected and professional seal, but for now we are totally independent.
9.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. Ancient Shadows EP has been released on digital platforms and on the internet. We have received many positive responses from fans and some labels have shown interest in our work. In Mexico the label "Alexia Records" released earlier this year our EP Ancient Shadows.
10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. We are preparing a Full length, we intend to release until the end of 2019, we have all the songs ready and we are recording. Also in January we will record our first video clip.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. The old school bands like Dark Throne, Celtic Frost. I'm currently listening to quite a bit of Dead Can Dance, Basil Poledouris, plus underground metal bands.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. First of all I want to thank you for the space and support, the work that Occult Black Metal Zine performs is super important. I also want to thank everyone who attends our shows, everyone who bought the EP and merchandising, that helps us a lot. "THE FLAME DOES NOT BURN ME, I AM THE FIRE".