Sunday, June 5, 2022

Morally Deformed Interview

 

1.For those who have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the solo project?

1. At the beginning I would like to thank you for the opportunity to show and tell about the project that I am a father of. Morally Deformed was established in 2020. From the very beginning it was, is and will be a one-man project that I am responsible for. In 2020 I released a demo "Lolipop" which contained 7 songs. Now, in retrospect, I'm not 100% satisfied with this demo, but it was just the beginning, so I tried different things. The year 2022 brought a demo "XX" with 4 songs. The project is focused around military themes, in particular the issue of totalitarianism, as well as propaganda and individual control.


2.Recently you have released a demo, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?

2. I could describe my music as black / doom metal. This form of music best reflects the atmosphere and topics that I am talking about and want to raise in the future. I also do not avoid electronics, but it must be used intelligently and be a support, not the main component of the music I create.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you have explored so far with the music?


3. My main interests are the history of all totalitarianisms, political extremism, militarism, war. In a nutshell, my great dream would be to create my own musical and lirical version of the book "1984" which, by the way, along with Kafka's "Trial" are my favourite books. Theme from book "1984" appeared on my demo on track "101".


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Morally Deformed'?

4. The name of the band has to do with the times we live in. These are the times when the pressure on people who think differently is so huge and so pervasive that in order to say anything in accordance with your own system of values should be prepared to be attacked mentally, physically or verbally. If you say something inconsistent with the official propaganda on TV, you are a misogynist, fascist, communist, unadapted and fully socialized. You are morally deformed. I decided to make this term something positive, which will define me and others as those who do not agree to be reduced only to the mindless recipient of the official message. Yes, I am morally deformed because I am not a mindless consumer of the modern world.


5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the demo cover?

5. On the cover there is a drum used by youth organizations in Nazi Germany called Hitlejugend. The use of such a theme is related to the content of the entire album which deals with the 20th century as a century of wars and political extremes. In addition, the dominant red color on the entire record is of course the symbol of blood that was shed in huge amounts throughout the 20th century.


6.Where is the musical project located?

6. I live and create in Great Britain.


7.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

7. Morally Deformed is a one-man project and will remain so. In the distant past I played in several bands but they always fell apart due to differences of opinion. So I decided to put an end to it and the creation process would only be in my hands. The only exception would be the live performances that I would like to do in the future, but in this case the other musicians would only be session musicians and I would be the only one responsible for the whole project from start to finish.


8.So far very little is known about the project, do you prefer to keep a lower profile?

8. It seems to me that like every musician, I would like my music to reach as many people as possible, but I realize that the topics I deal with in my music, as well as the music itself that grows out of extreme music, can limit the number of people who will reach for my work. However, in choosing popularity or authenticity, of course, I choose authenticity. I'm not going to create anything for the sake of popularity. What comes out of my hands must be 100% compatible with me.


9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

9. Yes looking for a label that would like to release my music. I have a lot of unrealized ideas that, with the support of the label, I think could be professionally implemented and be interested.


10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?

10. I think I will release one more demo this year and start working on a longer album which will be a kind of concept album focused around one big topic. I know what I want to do, so my efforts will mainly focus on quality improvement.


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

11. When it comes to musical inspirations it must be Mayhem and the album "Grand Decleration of War". Marduk "Panzer Division Marduk". Laibach "WAT". 

I like Candlemass and My Dying Bride. 

I like Imperial Triumphant. 

From things that are far from metal, 

I also listen to military marches or even things like the 2nd South Carolina String Band that plays music set during the Civil War.



12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts? 

12. Thanks again for the interview. You can find me on instagram, spotify, youtube, apple music and maybe cd's will be available in the future. 

Greetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment