Monday, October 25, 2010

Fatal Discharge Interview

1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?

Sure. We are Fatal Discharge, from Tucson Arizona. The band was originally started by me, The Adversary Sodomaggot, and our drummer RapeHammer. Buer is on guitar and FISTFUCK is on guitars and bass. The point of this band is to go to war with the bullshit hipster Indi-scene in our city. Our city has been overrun by these pussy bands full of hip kids who bought some old Ramones shirt in a thrift shop last week when they decided to be punk. Now they scream and shout and trash the stage for their shows, but next week they will be wearing Ed Hardy and rapping some bullshit “artistic” underground hip hop or something. These fucks do not know who they are or what to be. With Satan on our side, and victorious hatred I think we should win.



2. How would you describe your musical sound?

Black Metal with heavy influence of Punk rock, D-beat and Thrash mixed in. It is fun to have fast and thrashy songs but at the same time we aim to keep a dark, blasphemous sound.

Actually we sound like shit.



3. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the band's name?

We try to have an explosive energy in our songs, like the discharge of a firearm. As a unit, Fatal Discharge seeks to be hated, as we hate you all. I think to see every last fucking human dead is our vision of a perfect world, world peace through extinction and genocide, so we are Fatalists. That and…….. we also smoke a lot of pot and watch a lot of Simpsons DVDs, we are huge simpsons fans.



4. What are some of the lyrical topics and concepts that the band explores?

Some lyrical themes of ours are Satan, hell, violence, the desert and the natural elements, murder, cannibalism, misanthropy, genocide, human extinction, ritual sacrifice and even tranquility which I associate with nature.

One song was written for us by our friend Nathan, who now lives in California. He wrote it about my dog and mailed it to us, so I have to give him credit for that one. It’s actually pretty fucking rad, because if my dog could he would kill and eat your children.



5. Have you had any opportunities to do live shows yet, if so what are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?

Yes we have done a number of live shows in Tucson. They have all been fun for us; maybe the best one for us was one of our Vaudeville shows where we were all pretty fucked up before we even went on. As far as the audience’s opinion goes, you would have to ask them what the best show was, because I don’t know or care what they think.

I don’t know what to say about our stage performance. We go all out and pour ourselves into every aspect of it, from our attire to our expenditure of energy. We try to engage the audience in a way which is fun for them, but preserves our integrity as being a serious band and not just a fucking novelty. Black metal should not be taken as a novelty, people who hold that opinion can fuck off and I would rather they don’t come to our shows.



6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?

Yes, we hope to tour a lot. Our message needs to be experienced firsthand, and we would all like to travel and bum audiences out nationwide. This takes money or support though, which right now is something we are lacking.



7. Right now, the band is unsigned, are you looking for a label if so what kind of label do you think would be the right choice for the band?

I don’t know if we are actively seeking to get signed, no. But of course it would be cool to get a deal, maybe then we could actually have some nice equipment to play through, and a studio to record in.

We would not sign with anyone who would try to control what it is we are doing or producing though, this project is ours and we won’t be told what to do with it or what direction to take it in. I think it would have to be a company dealing strictly with metal; I can’t stand when someone who does not know about, or is not a fan of metal starts trying to produce a “metal” sound.



8. How has your music been received so far by black metal/punk fans worldwide?

I don’t really know, or care. Good I guess, we have had some real positive feedback from Latin America. Nothing on a spectacular level though, I don’t think we are growing a giant fan base or anything like that, but we could care less either way. Fatal Discharge is intended for the enjoyment of Fatal Discharge and there are maybe only three or four people at home who I would say understand that and are our true fans, and they are the only ones whose opinion actually counts to us anyway. You know who you are.



9. Are there any other side projects besides this band, or is this a full time group?

The four of us all have other projects going on, but that does not mean we are not devoted to Fatal Discharge. I think, personally, that we put a lot of ourselves in to this band and it is a full time project when it can be. Right now I am living in Helsinki and the rest of the guys are back in Tucson so we are on pause until May. At that time it will go back full swing, chaos, death and Rape Hammers dick flopping out all over again.





10. What direction do you see the music heading into during the future?

Satanic Black Metal Devastation, pure and aggressive, of course we will always strive to play fast and hard, and be creative and original with our sound.



11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Damn, we love music. There have been so many different influences I can’t name them all. Some huge influences in the development of Fatal Discharge’s sound have been Dark Throne, Venom, Bathory, G.G. Allin, Marduk, Gorgoroth, Dekapitator, Burzum, Poison Idea, Spazz, Agathocles and of course all of the metal legends like Judas Priest and Dio.

Since I came to Helsinki I have been listening to a lot of David Allen Coe and Hank Williams to remind myself of home. Lately I have been listening to a lot of Finnish Black Metal, and folk/pagan metal. The Finnish Black Metal is still grimy and evil as fuck. Also I listen to a kick ass band called Forest of Impaled from the U.S a lot. I think RapeHammer is listening to a lot of thrash and NWOBHM. Buer has been listening to a lot of Ding Diamond, Death, Cannibal Corpse and Terrorizer he loves that shit. FISTFUCK, he listens to a lot of shit, a little bit of it all, music is in his blood so he does not limit himself to any one thing you know.



12. Does Occultism or Satanism play any role in the music?

Absolutely. No fucking doubt about that. Ritual sacrifice appears in a lot of our songs.

More than one song has to do with Armageddon, the final war, the death of all human beings, killing in general and the triumph of Satan over the righteous and holy. I think I have an attraction to the dark side of humanity, we all have hate inside of us and I think there is no problem in letting that hate out. When did the world shift into this current paradigm of love thy neighbor, be politically correct in everything you say and help your fellow man? It is bull shit, people disgust me and I know they disgust all of you out there too; you’re just too afraid to accept that.

Satan comes in to play because Christian morality disgusts me, Catholic conformity and stupidity disgusts me, Islam disgusts me, Judaism disgusts me, Buddhists and there smug sense of peace and satisfaction disgusts me, I would like to see them all dead. Fucking religion disgusts me in general. Sure I believe in, and embrace Satan. What I don’t believe that he is a big red monster with a trident and spiky tail, sitting down in the kingdom of hell punishing all the sinners of the world. That would automatically place me in the category of a believer in god, or at least as being somewhat religious my self, which is something i am completely against. Religion and god are a crutch, they offer people false senses of hope and security. To believe in Satan as a deity is just as pitiful as the belief in Christ. Satan is a state of being, he exists in us all, Satan for me is representative of the human ability to be evil. As individuals we can make the choice to do as were told and live righteous, “productive” lives accepting everything society dictates and never think for ourselves, or we can choose Satan and fight back against the system that forces god on the population to keep them all pacified and under control. God is social control. Satan is individual freedom, and in my point of view that means hatred for society, its trends and popular culture. We harbor a very strong hatred for human beings, and if a reason for this hatred helps people to understand it, then sure we do it in the name of Satan. Why not. Although inside myself I would say that it may just be pure unfounded and absolute hatred, but most people just can’t grasp that concept.

I do want to stress though that we are NOT NS black metal, and we are NOT Nazis. We do not exclusively target any one group, we hate everyone. In fact more than anyone I hate Nazis, I think they are weak. I think they are pussys who band together to pick on others because they can’t stand on their own or think for themselves. I hate Nazis for the same reason I hate Christians, they are sheep, they are bandwagoners, they follow a group and do as they are told and not one actually thinks for themselves. Like Christians Nazis are some of the stupidest individuals and they should suffer violent ends.



13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?

We like to drink and fuck. We all smoke pot, I don’t care what the black metal community thinks about pot that shit is fun, and it makes a boring shitty life funny.

Are those interests?



14. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?

Yeah, hey everyone FUCK YOU, die.

No comments:

Post a Comment