Downfall of Nur is an atmospheric black metal/folk musical project formed as a solo project by myself last year.
The project concept of Downfall of Nur is based on the Nuragic civilization and the folklore of Sardinia, Italy, place where i am born and lived my childhood.
2. So far you have released 2 demo's, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
Like you said Downfall of nur has two works so far, both have a raw and atmospheric sound but different orientations.
The first demo "Jhanas-Nur" has more experimental influences without leaving the black metal sound, this was the first demo and from this, the project started to have a particular focus.
The second work, "Umbras and forests" features four songs, these four demo songs originally will be used in the first upcoming Full-length "Umbras de Barbagia" but remained outside the track list. "Umbras and forests" was recorded between february and march of 2014 in the cabin of a friend in the woods, and the musical sound of this one is more atmospheric and hypnotic than the previous demo, has many ambient intervals with sounds of nature which were recorded on a trip in march realize in a mountain location.
All lyrics on this album were written in Sardinian language (Sardu).
3.Your lyrics cover the Nuragic Civilization and the folklore/paganism of Sardinia, Italy which is very original yet still perfect for pagan or black metal, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
I was born in Sardinia, (Italy) in 1996, which is a special kind of land in this world, full of ancient traditions, tales and an immense historical past, which nowadays continues unknown to many people (and that's is good).
Downfall of Nur is an very personal protect, was born with the idea of translating this into music, make music, talking about my ancestors, my land and my roots.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Downfall of Nur'?
Nur is the root of the name Nuraghe, which are the main type of ancient megalithic edifice found in Sardinia developed by the Nuragic civilization, today it has to be the symbol of Sardinia.
The meaning behind "Downfall of Nur" name basically is the fall of the Nuragic civilization, anyway this name meaning goes beyond this, it is a personal perspective, which not only reflects the previously named theme, but also a social reality.
5. According to the Metal Archives page you where born and raised in Italy and now reside in Argentina, where you involved with metal in your home country and also how would you compare to the 2 countries?
At the moment I am not involved with artists or bands from Italy, got involved with music here in Argentina one year after arrival from Italy starting to go at guitar classes at 12 years old.
There is a lot of good and bad things in Italy and in Argentina too, both countries have many things in common, anyway make a comparison would take a long time.
Similar and different from each other but both are great countries.
6. With the exception of a session drummer you record everything solo, are you open to working with a full band in the future or do you prefer to remain solo?
Like I said before, Downfall of Nur is a very personal project and for the moment i just want to work with it by myself and some musician friends as guests or session players.
7. Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
I am looking for a serious record label interested in the Downfall of Nur for release the upcoming first full-length "Umbras de Barbagia", had received some proposals from small labels about re-release some work on very limited editions but still is more convenient to me and Downfall of Nur upload the album on Bandcamp and let it rotate online for free.
By this I do not mean that the small labels are crap, I really have a lot of respect to their work, and the support than they make to the underground bands, the first two works of Downfall of Nur were released by small labels.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and pagan metal?
Worldwide feedback is great, from Argentina and United States specialty… Will be going better in future, I´m sure about it.
9. When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
The first full-length is already on mastering process, it will have a total of five conceptual songs with some special guest by various friends musicians as session players, maybe for end of December / early 2015, will be available.
10. What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Maybe the most influential bands are Ulver, Burzum, Arckanum, Agalloch and Darkthrone , all these somehow influenced me and the sound of Downfall of Nur, but anyway the inspiration comes from everywhere, nowadays i'm often listening some old rock and folk records of bands like Led zeppelin, Deep Purple, King crimson, Nick Drake, Vashti Bunyan and as always some metal stuff.
11. What are some of your non-musical interests?
Most of my interests rest into music, but also in everything that is art and literature.
12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any thoughts or words end?
Many thanks for your time and support