1. Updates little. We finished work on an album and so far anything else doesn't occur.
2.You have a new album coming out in February, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
2. Album (Morena). Different from all the old albums, with its unique sound. It is a blend of classic black metal with orchestral power. While the album is not used on a typical keyboard or symphonic elements. Orchestral power and atmosphere I have achieved an exceptionally wide guitar sound with a large Number of guitar amps. The album ends with a striking composition influence of traditional Russian music.
3.Since 2010 there has been 10 or more releases, do you put in a great amount of time and effort into writing and creating music?
3. Yes, the early we did a lot of records, even now I regret it. The fact is that we hardly give concerts and we had a lot of free time and we recorded a lot of jamming, as it were improvised. We did not have targets to sell the music or make it popular, so we did not care about its quality. During the long winter nights, we just played music to express their emotions. Therefore, those demo albums sound very bad. But in parallel, I worked on the idea of creating a unique sound within the black metal, for 5 years, I have developed this sound and can now be heard on (Morena). We can say that the band found its sound just now.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
4. We have a minimalistic lyrics. We invest forces and energy in music more. In Russia there are great poets. But lyrics not our strength. At first we write music, and then we do the text in the concept of mood of music.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name'Devilgroth'?
5. Creation of the name of group was influenced by one my dream. But it is long history. In general we gave group the Name only nearly 2 years later from the moment of its basis. I wanted a primitive typical black metal name. Devilgroth is a connection of words, English (Devil) and the Russian word ("grotto" - a cave) In other words the name of group can be deciphered as the Devil cave.
6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the documentary that you have just released?
6. In the film really there isn't a lot of information. Briefly, the Purpose of this movie through audiovisual a component to inform the atmosphere of a place in which we live and we create. You look at Siberia and more deeply you start understanding the atmosphere of our music.
7.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage perfromance?
7. I a little that can tell about it…
8.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
8. For all existence of group there was only one small tour in Russia. Perhaps in the future we plan some concerts in neighboring countries. Also there are some split, for example Split with Depressive BM group (Desolated Souls) soon, especially wait for Split with our friends from brotherly Croatia. Raw Black Metal group (Necro Forest)
9.On a worldwide levle how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. We have good relations with the black metal fans from around the world.
10.Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
10. Now the group consists of two people. I have a parallel musical project. This project Aarsland where I create music in the style (Funeral Doom Metal / Drone Doom)
11.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
11. I don't know. I thought of it a little.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. I think on Devilgroth such groups as Trelldom, Windir, Wedard had impact. Also we were affected so-called by "the Siberian Punk". It is an old wave of the Russian underground music of 80 beginnings of the 90th years. Today I often listen to different Polish and Russian music, for example for the last year for me the best album is (ambient) the project from Poland of Docetism with an album "Roots".
13.How would you describe your views on Paganism and Occultism?
13. Oh. This subject very deep, it is difficult for me to speak about this subject in not the native language. I can tell that the Slavic paganism means to me much, also I am interested in pagan culture of indigenous people of Siberia. In the depth of Siberia still there are shamans, and their magic. My colleague on group, goes in for esoterics, psychology and chiromancy.
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
14. Now bad times.I want to wish to all readers of the peace and good. Just as the person professing patriotic ideas, and grown on traditional culture and folklore, I want to wish to people not to renounce the roots and to cease to worship to multiculture with which society is now infected. People of the different countries and cultures can be on friendly terms and have to be on friendly terms, but it doesn't mean to erase the traditional borders, differently always there will be someone another who will put on you alien traditions, it is sad. Harmony has to be, but it not in globalization...