Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Nan Elmoth Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Deathweaver: I started Carcharoth in around 2008 around the time I returned from living fairly isolated in northern Idaho. Everyone I knew from living here before had moved away or didn't want shit to do with me so I retreated into making music. I had realized by then that I hate human society and its people, and would like to see it and them destroyed. All music I create is inspired by that hate and by the sense of loss of what was. I carry the banner of Satan and am willing to fight, kill and die under that banner.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings?
Deathweaver: Hammer Of The Moon is inspired by my travels through nature and that's how I've structured it. A lot if people go out in the woods who are hippies, and if course they project their sentimental ideas of love and peace on nature. If only they could feel his badly the earth would love for them to die. They would kill themselves on the spot, which of course we would take joy in. A lot of so called black metal bands have taken a love and peace attitude toward their fellow man. We of course stand against vehemently.

3.Your lyrics cover 'Earth Worship' and 'Ancient Wisdom', can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?
Deathwaever: I have already covered it in a lot of ways so far, but I will say that there was a time when human life should exist, but it has long since past because of our quest for comfort and lack of conflict.

4.Originally the band was known as 'Carchorath' what was the decision behind the name change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Nan Elmoth'?
Deathweaver: There was a French dsbm band with the same name as us and people kept confusing bands, so I changed it. Nan Elmoth means "valley of starlight" in elvish. It is also the place where the black metal blades were forged in Tolkien's Simarillion, so I think it should be fairly self explanatory.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
Deathweaver: We try to make each site better than the one before. Our stage presence is all about the worship of death. We have been known to wear human ashes, and I self lacerate, both to wear my own blood on my face, and as a form of ritual sacrifice.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
Deathweaver: I personally would love to do a tour, but for now, we play when asked. I enjoy playing live. It is a good way of communicating my hatred.

7.So far you have been a part of split's with 'Indemus' and 'Maldicion', what are your thoughts on the other bands that have participated on the recordings?
Deathweather: I have nothing to say other than I suggest that those who read this give them a listen and form their own conclusions.

8.You have also done a cover of Burzum's "The Crying Orc', what was the decision behind doing your own cover of this song?
Deathweaver: Burzum is to be worshipped. End of story.

9.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or heave received any interest?
Deathweaver: Most labels are more interested in rebooting careers these days, but any exceptions to this rule can feel free to make an offer.

10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and pagan metal?
Deathweaver: It is too soon to tell.

11.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
Deathweaver: The next Nan Elmoth album will be much darker. I will leave the rest up to imagination.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I personally heavily worship the old Norwegian bands, especially Burzum and Darkthrone. Graveland is another huge one for me. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Gorgoroth and Motörhead. Almost too much. Of course we definitely have contemporaries here in California that we are heavily influenced by, including Xenotaph, Ehecatl and Defacrator just to name a few. We are of course saddened by the splitting up of Torture Chamber. They were huge in influencing our stage show. Outside of metal I listen to a bit of prog rock and neofolk, and lots of classical music.

13.What are some of your non musical interests?
Deathweaver: That is for the most part irrelevant.

14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Deathweaver: Thanks for giving us this interview, and for those reading this, we hope you all someday kill yourselves in the name of Satan. Burn everything you own. Including your lives.

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment