1. Fifth to Infinity is a process. A voyage of never ending exploration. The musical, philosophical and spiritual aspects of our work have always been equally important. This is where we channel the darkest within us and bleed out the wounds of past and present. A metaphysical temple where we craft only in the sincerest of fires. Through these principals and through absolute devotion, we sound our magick. We heal and we transcend.
2.How would you describe your musical sound?
2. Dark. Cold. Ethereal.
3.The band was broken up for a few years, what was the cause of the split and also the decision to reform?
3. We got stuck in a legal situation back in 2001 where our only option at that time was to disband. The reason for our reformation is the ever intensifying calling of the beyond.
4.The band reformed in 2007, but waited until 2016 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the long delay?
4. We did not choose to wait, of course, but yet once more there was another legal situation leading to the delay.
5.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
5. Existentialism. The metaphysical. The psychological and spiritual experience of being.
6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Fifth To infinity'?
6. The name Fifth to Infinity comes from lyrics that I wrote back in 97, originally written in swedish (Femte till Oändlighet). It is based around the path of the pentagram and the evolutionary journey of the soul.
7.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
7. Fifth to Infinity has never played live for anyone, yet.
8.Do you have any touring or show plans once the album is released?
8. Nothing as of now. But who knows what the future has in store.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and darker forms of metal?
9. I'm happy to say that the response has been superb so far.
10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
10. Where ever the beyond calls us.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. We are all music lovers and we'd never limit ourselves to anything. Aside from Death and Black metal.. I'd say that classic, world music, chants and mantras has had a deep inpact on our sound.
12.Does Occultism play any role in your music?
12. Yes, it is essential to our work. It is a main drive factor.
13.What are some of your non musical interests?
13. Anything mind and soul expanding.. nature, arts and philosophy.
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?