1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
Lot of things! We changed our main line-up. It’s kind of complicated how it works. Also we are promoting our debut album to radio stations, magazines and webzines, our label does the rest (distribution and placement). We have to arrange and perform some live shows and we are looking for a booking agency, because we want to make a tour in Europe.
2. How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from the previous releases?
First of all the sound was made by Dan Swano, so it is way different from our previous releases. The sound is great and certainly atmospheric with aggressiveness
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Well, in this release we follow a concept, you know like a story. We talk about dark Greek mythology. I like all mythologies and certainly in the future I would like to write something about Lovecraftian horror.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
We wanted something dark and ritualistic. Some words in Greek sound like that. So we chose Erevos, which means total darkness. The funny thing is that although it is a Greek word, many Greeks don’t know it.
5. Out off all the shows and tours that the band has done so far, which one did you enjoy the most?
All of our shows are unique experiences. We enjoyed all of them. Some wonderful examples are our tour in France, because we met the most organized people. In Bulgaria, because of the great crowd and our shows with Necrodeath and Mayhem, because had great time with them.
6. Do you have any touring planns for the new release?
Yes we have. We are looking for a booking agency and until now we are in touch with some of them. Also we arrange some shows here in Greece.
7. You worked with Dan Swano on the new release, what was it like working with this legendary producer and musician?
YEAH!!! He is a great, great guy! We learned many things from him and certainly until now, he is the most professional person that we’ve worked with.
8/ How has the label suuport been for the new album and can you tell us a little bit more about Orkestral Promenrade Productions?
Orkestral Promenade is a new label that is located in Athens. We do not have many labels in Greece. Orkestral Promenade’s roster has known Greek metal bands. They created the artwork and printed the cd’s. Also they distributed and placed our cd to music stores all over Greece and Cyprus. We have a good cooperation, although we need some distribution for other countries too (something that we work on now).
9. Are there any side projects besides this band or is this a full time line-up?
I personally (Growler) sing to the band of our session guitarist, Incest in Heaven. It is a progressive death metal band, quite different than other bands, I can assure you. Also I was the bassist player of Rotting Flesh, an old and known death metal band from Greece. Our current guitarist also plays in a black metal band called Maphorion and our drummer also plays in a black metal band, called Ensarcosis Demonica.
10. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by black metal fans?
Really good!! Many people say that we have our own style. That’s because (as they say), we combine the atmospheric sound with many thrash riffs. It sounds aggressive. We also combine the whole music with the death metal genre. So I think it is something different. We do have keyboards, but we don’t have similarities to other majestic-atmospheric black metal bands. We have a different perspective on composition of our music.
11. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
I don’t know. Aggressive and dark, that’s for sure.
12. Your music has more of a 90's sound than a modern sound, what made you decide to go for this direction and what is your opinion on modern day black metal bands?
As a recent review said, we are not trying to sound like an old school band nor modern. We just play what we like!!! So to be honest I don’t like to sound like an old-school band, because many bands tried to do that and it is kind of close-minded I think. On the other hand modern sound deprives the whole aggressiveness that a metal band must have.
13. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Styles eh? Certainly thrash metal, majestic black metal, death metal, movie soundtracks and classical music. A little bit of everything! I suppose some of our influences are Dissection, Exodus, Emperor, Anorexia Nervosa, Bathory and Hypocrisy. Nowadays we are listening to many underground groups. It is more interesting than listening to the already known bands.
14. Your music has a lot of references to Occultism and Greek Mythology, what role does this play in your life outside of music and how would you describe your views on these topics?
We like to read lots of mythological books. Mythology is the history that passes from generation to generation through the oral speech. It has a truth in it, it differs from fairytales. I personally study lot of Occultism. I find it very interesting and riveting!
15. Outside of music, what are some of your interests?
Movies, reading, DRINKING (!) and having a good time with friends!
16. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
We thank you very much for the interview and keep up your good work! Everyone who wants to contact with us, can find us at: HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com" firstname.lastname@example.org and HYPERLINK "http://www.erevosblack.gr" www.erevosblack.gr