1. We have hired a new drummer and are in the middle of recording and producing our next record.
2.So far you have released one demo and a full length, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on both of the recordings and also how do they differ from each other?
2. The first album was recorded on a zero dollar budget. Also everything was written and recorded on the first take to capture the spontaneous and unpredictable attitude. The minimalist attitude was carried on through the production of The Unholy Path to Hell. We only used 2 microphones for the recording of that album and the budget was increased to $100. They were recorded somewhat hastily as we were excited to release the music. The next album will be different though in both production and quality.
3.Your last release was in 2012, can you tell us a little bit more about what has been going on during that time frame?
3. Since 2012 we have hired a new drummer and written many more songs that will be released soon. We have also played our first show with the new drummer last halloween.
4.Your lyrics cover some satanic and occult topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these subjects?
4. The satanic and occult topics are simply interesting to us. We do not follow or support any religion. Our message continues to be to go against the flock. The interest we have in these topics are related to the interest we have in classical horror movies for example.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Burning Bethlehem'?
5. To us the name means burning of the status quo. It means the cleansing of all of the things that have been imprinted into our minds through the media and culture. Hail the individual who seeks enlightenment. Burn the masses.
6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
6. Our stage performance in the past could be described as highly energetic and in your face. Recently though, we have taken a new approach by creating a dark atmosphere and focusing on making the music the peak of the Burning Bethlehem experience.
7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
7. We may go on tour soon to promote our next album.
8.Currently you are unsigned,a re you looking for a label or have received any interest?
8. We are not in desperate search for a label. We are waiting until we find the right one to work with instead of getting the first one we can find.
9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
9. Our music has been received very well so far, especially at our shows. The new album will definitely make some waves in the metal underground.
10.Originally the band started out as a solo project, what was the decision behind forming a full line up?
10. Burning Bethlehem was meant to play live shows so naturally others joined. Burning Bethlehem really got its start when Nokturn from the band Nokturnal Frost joined forces with us.
11.When can we expect a new album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
11. A new album can be expected this summer as long as everything goes according to plan. We are continually growing as musicians and would like to make our music faster and more abrasive than ever.
12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
12. The old school european black metal, british heavy metal and american death metal has really influenced our music a lot.
13.What are some of your non musical interests?
13. Hmm as far as non musical interests i guess history(especially the really gritty parts) is worth mentioning.
14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
14. Look out for the new Burning Bethlehem album "Black Ritual" this 2015