Monday, December 14, 2015

Ildverden Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with you and your musical project these days?

Now I am working on a new album of my side project called “While They Sleep”. Soon in 2016 I hope I will release first album of this project on Satanath. It’s gonna be a pure black metal with some notes of depressive. It sounds very different then “Ildverden”.
About “Ildverden” – I have some new stuff but it is too soon to tell something about new album.

2.In October you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

The sound of “Ildverden” is really dark and raw I think. Actually this is the sound I’ll really wanted to make for many years. It’s more aggressive, more evil or primitive in good sense. I always wish to make sound like some kind of cave recordings. But not just copying old Norwegian black metal.

3.Your lyrics cover a great amount of Paganism themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?

Yes. Previous albums were almost classical pagan black metal at lyrics. I think it will be not necessary to tell more about it. But this album (2015 Black Midnight Follows Me) make step to side of misanthropic lyrics and existentialism as philosophy. This is really hard question cause lyrics are very important side of black metal. But paganism is still important part of my life even now. It transformed nowadays to something more difficult and dark form inside of me. So lyrics are too take form of something more deepest then usual pagan black.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ildverden'?

Let’s just say that it is personal stuff.

5.In both of your musical projects, you refer to yourself as 'Human Unknown', can you tell us a little bit more about this name?

It is very simple. All of us here are just unknown human. I am a part of this abyss.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?

I am open to working with other people but I prefer tp work alone now. I played many years in technical death metal band called “Contemplation” with many good young musicians. But with good experience it was a hard time too. Nobody can understand whole your mind and too many musicians use music as a hobby. For me it is much more, it’s something like sense of my life. Without music emptiness inside if me feels way deeper. Using music I fill this emptiness with feelings and thoughts.  Also I am a very depressive person an I know that it is hard to other musicians to work with me.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of pagan and black metal?

I don’t really know yet whole answer on this question. My journey is just begins. But it was a good feeling to know that many people like my music. I red some request and reviews and was really surprised about reaction on my songs. Most of them were positive. And it helps me emotionally to work more and hardest now. But I still will be working not to be pleased by someone. I just do what I do. And when I did something I can’t imagine how listeners will accept it. I don’t know even for my own what’s like it will be when it will ends.

8.What is going on with your other musical project these days?

Just told it in first question.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

Nobody can tell the answer on questions like this I think. I hope the abyss of usual life will not eat me whole alive.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Oh, it is too many bands that influenced me. From old Scandinavian black metal till Ukrainian, Canadian and American. Nowadays I listen very different music styles. Most of them are even not close to metal. I always try to consume something new.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

Well, I trying to wrote some prose. Most of it are about life nowadays. About absurd of life in XXI century.
Also I’m shooting amateur horror movies, but I don’t think that it’s can be very interesting to others to know about it.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ildverden/3540332024

No comments:

Post a Comment