Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Solus Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the musical project these days?

Hails! First of all, thanks for your interest in my musical activity. Well, I’m finishing the last release of Solus, which would be an EP and for sure promoting the first and the last full-length album.

2.In April you had released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

I think during the last few years my music evolved continuously into that atmospheric/ambiental form. My lyrics became more deeper and, the sound is better and the concept behind this act had more complexity too.

I used to have more primitive ideas during the first years –both in lyrics and music too-
more raw sound, less original composing etc…

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explored with the newer music?

Heathenism, old shamanic traditions and rituals. To be concrete, I wrote about the spiritual journey between feverdreams and cold dimensions. From the depths of darkness to the golden flames of light.

4.According to the Metal Archives page you changed the project's name from 'Solus' to 'Hamvak', what was the decision behind the name change?

It was a hard decision, but my new songs are simply can not be described as Solus songs.
I dropped some extra elements into my visions (dissonance, more variations …) and it has become Hamvak. Anyway, Hamvak means ashes in Hungarian.

5.With this project you record everything by yourself, do you feel you are able to express yourself a lot more with this musical project?

Sure. I have to do everything by myself and it satisfies me because I hate to take compromises, or change anything which sounds good to me. I tried to play in bands with full line-up, but mostly it sucks to me (except Malediction, they are GREAT guys).
I hate to wait for other band members to learn the fucking new songs, to make some new riffs, to checking out the lyrics, I don’t really like to play too many gigs..etc It makes me sick and tired.

6.Originally the project was from Hungary but know located in Germany, what was the decision behind the move?

I moved because of financial reasons. I’ve got a new job with better salary.

7.A year ago you where a part of a split with 'Moonkult', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?

I just discovered their music somewhere and it amazed me. I like that kind of storming Black Metal, and I decided the drop an email to them. They agreed with the cooperation and we recorded our songs.
The cover art was made by a very talented Russian guy (formerly known as Askold art, now Godlike Icons) who plays in a band called Pogost.

8.Can you tell us a little bit more about 'Dark East Productions'?

It’s a label from Russia. They make mostly co-releases with other labels. They released Witcher and Vrag albums too (highly recommended to check out!!) and I decided to ask them about my stuff. Originally the Solus album planned to be released by another label, but in the middle of the manufacturing  process they denied to reply me for some  reason, and later on I changed to Dark East Prod. Now I see that was a good decision.

9.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

I get nice reviews from some zines so I think the feedback to my music is mostly positive.

10.Are you also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?

Yes, for sure! I have a band with Patrik (Evil Conqueror, Sign of Death, ex-Sinful Eternity) called Earth Plague. We make very simple, primitive, Punk influenced Black/Death/Thrash music in the spirit of the 80’s. We are working on our second full-length album.

We made another band too called Ghoultemple which is an Earth Plague side-project.
It’s a very primitive and barbaric Death Metal.


11.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

I don’t really know. My aim is to make my visions attainable in the right form.

12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I listen to a very wide variety of music from simple blues/rock/hard rock to the Black/Death Thrash underground, and I like some types of electronic music too.
Nowadays I mostly listen to Bölzer, Sinmara and Portal. They are the best bands from the scene.

13.How would you describe your views on heathen Spiritualism?

Briefly to me and my culture, which is highly involved with Shamanism (Táltos to be precise), it can be represented  with transcendental experience and philosophycal acknowledgement. You can get answers for your questions during some type of journey and you can see something which is hidden in this modern world.

14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thank you very much for this interview and for the attention! We will meet soon under the banner of Hamvak!

Bandcamp
Facebook
Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment