Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Svirnath Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the musical project since the recording of the new album?
In these months I'm observing what the criticism thinks about the new album, so that I can improve in the future.

2.You have a new album coming out in February, musically how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
In primis I can say that I wrote these tracks in the last two years, while the tracks on the first album were written since 2007, so my last work has a more mature structure. Then I can say that for this new album I started to used a "prog approach", that I want to develop in the next compositions.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that you explore with the newer music?
Nature. If on the first album it was in general terms, in "Dalle rive del Curone" I focused all around the land where project Svirnath was born, in relation to my personal feelings.

4.Some of your earlier lyrics had some pagan topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in paganism?
When I approached this kind of music I also started to get interested in European paganism, and I initially wanted my lyrics to be inspired by it. In particular I was interested in the Longobard people, in their traditions and in their folklore before the christian conversion.

5.I know that the bands name derives from the Latin  expression 'vir  naturae', how does the name fit in with the musical style that you play?
In my music I try to create a strong link between me and the nature, like a journey in the kingdom of Mother Nature. The name takes up this strong link and adds a personal interpretation.

6.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?
The artwork is a photography of the Curone creek, that flows at the border between Lombardy and Piedmont, the land where in 2007 I decided to create this musical project. The photo was made by my friend Alessandro, that helped me also in writing the lyrics of the album.

7.With this project you record everything by yourself but have worked with other musicians in other bands, do you feel you are able to express yourself a lot more musically with this project?
Yes. Although I really like playing with other musicians, I think that a solo project can express at best what a musician wants to say.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of atmospheric black metal?
Fantastic, an unexpected success! The credit is certainly also of my label, Naturmacht Production, for is promotion and his following around the world. I'm really happy that many people outside Italy love my music.

9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that you are a part of?
In the last year I also recorded with other two projects, the first oriented on cosmic black metal with psybient/sci-fi elements, the other oriented on depressive/post-black metal. Anyway, these are also only studio projects. I've also a doom metal band where I play live and in this new year we'll go in studio to record the second album. Probably in future I'll restart also other projects, but at the moment nothing is ready yet.

10.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Probably in the same projects of today, but I hope that they will be a little more grown up.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
The principal influences of this project derive from pagan black metal scene. I loved bands like Nydvind and Helrunar and their style of playing music. In the last years I also fell in love with 70's prog rock, so I decided to start using this influences in my last album.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?
I love playing videogames, yeah. Especially sci-fi themed, like Mass Effect. In fact, I love astronomy in addition to nature. I also like art and movies.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
First of all I want to thank you for this great interview. I didn't expect to reach this success in the underground scene, I'm very happy about it! I hope that you all continue to follow my music in the future. Stay nature!!!

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment