Monday, August 2, 2021

Nöldr Interview

 

1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little about the solo project?


-Nöldr is an atmospheric and raw black metal solo project that aims to maintain the essence of black metal and overflow with a heroic and melancholic atmosphere, with a vampire and necromancer aesthetic.


2. Recently you have released an album, can you tell us a little more about the musical style that you went for on the recording?


-I tried to make a raw black metal, mixed atmospheric black metal. The main objective is to transfer the Melancholic and Heroic feeling into the music.


3. Your main lyrical themes are  misanthropy, vengeance and darkness, can you tell us a little more about what these mean to you?


-Humanity has always been dirty. People are extremely cruel, dominated by hatred and ignorance. What most motivated me to do this kind of lyrical theme is to demonstrate the real human nature.


4. A lot of your lyrics are also inspired by myths and novels, which are some myths and literature that have had an influence on your songwriting?


-I've always been interested in poetry and medieval stories. Fantasy or not. The whole world is full of fascinating stories. I always loved history and literature. By the way, Nöldr gives me the idea of creating my own story.


5. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Nöldr'?


-It's a little funny, I was playing a Board RPG game with my friends and I created a necromancer town called Nöldr. I also named myself Lord Deathlaff, whose governor of the place and also the word Death as a way to demonstrate the main essence of a Necromancer.


6. Can you tell us a little more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


-The Objective is to overflow a feeling of loneliness, coldness and fear. Think of yourself alone in a dark forest full of wolves, maybe you feel fear or the pleasure that the environment gives, it depends on your mental health.


7. With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?


-Nöldr was one of the best projects I've ever done, and with that I had the pleasure of meeting amazing bands that deserve a lot of support and united people. I have in mind to split with two bands, I'm already exchanging ideas.


8. Recently 'Humanity's Plague productions' released your album as a physical copy, how did you get in contact with this label?


-He emailed me saying that my sound was wonderful, I was very happy after reading that. I accepted his proposal and I hope to continue working together for future Nöldr's releases.


9. On a worldwide level, how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


-The reactions were very positive, I was even impressed.


10. Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?


-It's hard to know the future, but I guess maybe myself calm in my dungeon, making my music.


11. What are some bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music, and also what are you listening to nowadays?


-Sargeist, Lunacy, Mäleficentt, Arna, Enthroned and Burzum, I want to bring a vampire and necromancy aesthetic to the band, I think it fits really well.

I still listen to black metal, but I've expanded my playlist to Dungeon Synth and Post Punk, although I don't have in mind to do a Post Punk project, just Dungeon Synth inside Nöldr.


12. Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts? 


-Drink water, stay hydrated, guys.

Bandcamp
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment