Thursday, May 30, 2019

Ancient Hostility Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?


Imber: Ancient Hostility is a collaboration between SadVoice and I. He lives in Ukraine and I live in the States, so he sends me the music he writes via email so I can record the vocal parts. We’ve done some music before, so this was something we’ve been wanting to do together for over a year. AH is heavy, dark, and melodic in parts, and I think his writing style is unique in black metal pairs well with my concepts, lyrics, and vocals.


2.In June you have your first full length coming out, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?


Imber: That’s something SV would have to answer since he composes all of the music.


3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?


Imber: The whole concept of AH is violent human nature and history so I write about torture and the fact that humans have always and will always kill each other. We’ve evolved to do so. We are all unique so we have divisive ideals that lead to war, genocide, torture etc. and this is something that will continue to happen. “Primal Urge for Bloodshed” means exactly that, our primal urge to kill each other.


4.On the press release they where a quote from Hegel, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in philosophy?


Imber: People can relate certain views and ideas to a philosophy in history, so my concepts on hate and violence in human history can easily be connected to certain teachings. I definitely have an  interest in it because I don’t think questions of our existence should be simplistic. People come from every corner of the earth with different cultural backgrounds, but our commonality continues to be violence and hate.


5.Both of the band members are also involved with other musical projects and, what is it that you bring into the music of 'Ancient Hostility' that you are not able to do with your other groups?


Imber: I had always done cosmic themes in my main projects before AH, so conceptually this is different for me and I love exploring this side.


6.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Ancient Hostility'?


Imber: What I spoke of before with the concept. Ancient Hostility references the violence and hate between humans since the dawn of our existence.


7.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the new album cover?


Imber: Alex Shadrin of Nether Temple Design did the art for the cover and did a great job at referencing torture in the art like I wanted.


8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?


Imber: We will observe that after the release of the full album.


9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?


Imber: SadVoice continues to make music for his project Inner Suffering and I am working on a full length album with Aludra, so we are actively doing music outside of AH.


10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?


Imber: I hope to see it create its own path in black metal becoming well defined and more intense as long as SV stays with me for it


11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Imber: We both listen to a variety of artists but it’s the combination our musical tastes and styles that create what AH is.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?


Imber: I’m just glad to have a musical partner that has made the journey of creating this album so enjoyable. He puts the feeling behind my concepts.

Bandcamp
Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment