Thursday, October 22, 2015

Dol Guldur Interview


1. For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?



We are a necrounderground two piece band from Brazil, raised in beginning of 2013 E.V, praising the vultures upon the mankind and the misanthropic kult of death, following the old ways to execute the cold and raw black metal, avoiding new trend waves, eroding the hope and faith of humankind! At moment we have 2 demos one EP and one split released.



2.Recently you where a part of a split, how would you describe the musical sound that is present on your side of the recording?



Cold and raw black metal as in old days, pure hatred and evil Kult atmosphere, but, done on our own way, Fed from the fire of darkest katharsis!!!



3.Can you tell us a little bit more about the ideologies that you bring out with your song lyrics?



Our music is about death, hate, holocaust upon mankind and negativity… all we bring out is projections to make this world a worse place to exist…

Our lyrical content deal with nihilism, concepts of misanthropy, Death, Life, very personal visions about everything that surround us, the way we actually see things is what makes us write this kind of music…



4.I know that the bands name comes from the writings of J.R.R Tolkien, what was the decision behind choosing this band name and what seperates you from the many thousand bands that have taken their band name from the writings of this author?



Actually this name has been in my mind a long time ago, before we Start Dol Guldur’s conspiracy, back in 2007 E.V if I reminiscing well , I had a very personal project that resumed was me and my guitar, recording things that sounds like a very lo-fi version of Kveldssanger… and I had a music with this name, since then this name was in my head, I like the phonetic and the word itself, so I’ve taken this name to the band, I have a very personal meaning to this word, I see it like a unprecedented place to this world, unreachable, where the Death kult is projected from, it deals with the misanthropic and anti-social aspect… and also can be understood like a denial to this world if talking about the concept of this name dealing with the band, I mean everything is more about subjection than anything else… and the terminological meaning of this word, Hill of dark sorcery, brings in a dark evil aura!!! Well, I think that our purpose is very different from the other bands that taken their name from Tolkien’s work, as we don’t deal with his writings on our songs as the majority do!



5.I have noticed that you cannot find the band anywhere on bandcamp, facebook or metal archives, do you feel these various websites have taken a lot of the underground nature out of the genre?



That is true, well, the underground as a whole isn’t as used to be in the past, time always change and promote changes and things seems to be confused and diluted now, but don’t get me wrong, I use technology and internet for a lot of personal stuffs I  do, I’m not a caveman, I just can’t stand with most of people acts and opinion, I don’t like that social media contacts and I’m not for looking for friendship, it seems to be very superficial, open to all kind of people to see and come talk with you, I don’t want or need this kind of self-exposition neither my band… Black metal has lost a lot of his occult aura and know is something ordinary, and this kind of new post shit is such a boring joke very spread out on internet with those crybaby teenage dsbm projects, black metal bands with no ideology selling only image and denigrating  this lifestyle, it makes me stay away more and more, also I’m sick and tired of all that wannabe kult attitude… so we isolate ourselves, our circle is very closed, I have few comrades that understand how I fell about it and fell the same way as well or at least thereabout, as I’ve said, I’m not saying that I don’t use internet, clear example this interview was made through e-mail, which is the only tool that I use, I just don’t fell right about it, I don’t have urge to have a lot and a lot people listening to our music, especially  if they are trend, assholes posers and etc. I don’t use to check out Bandcamp, My Space and thing like that… Even though there are some few bands I do respect and have this kind of websites, that is not for me or Dol Guldur!



6.Also the band has stayed away from having their music produced in the digital realm, do you feel black metal is better heard in the classic vinyl, compact disc and cassette formats rather than the modern technology that a lot of the newer bands have been going for?



I fell that the kind of music we do lost the soul in this digital realm, this is so banal, most of the time it seems like a naive and stupid race to get attention or “fans”, to have views on YouTube and “likes” and all this meaningless culture and shit, I don’t care about it, as the same way they don’t care about me or my band, that easy! Just the necro underground hordes matters to me, most of the people can’t stand to be alone, and need idiot attention even though if comes from a trend asshole, in the other hand there are some individuals that fell what it really is about and stay occult into the netherworld, Personally I have pleasure to buy or trade underground stuff, it is like a ritual you know, put the stuff to play on and behold the cover art on your own hand… it is fucking nice!!! Vinyl rules and CD is nice as well, I’m a total freak for cassette!!! Any format is better than digital releases, it fells no essence!



7.Has the band done any live shows or is this strictly a studio project?



No, we didn’t play live and we don’t have plans, maybe in the future we perform our Death kult, but we don’t see it as an important point to Dol Guldur.



8.Recently you where a part of a split with 'Kabexnuv', what are your thoughts on the other musical project that had participated on the split?



Total Raw esoteric black metal to devour the souls, I enjoy the crude malicious atmosphere of cold and misty evil from Kabexnuv, many hails to the Hawk of the western forest!!!



9.The split was released as a joint effort between Bud Metal Records and Kult Of Medusa productions, while I know about the first label mentioned can you tell us a little bit more about the other label that had participated on the recording?



Actually, Kult of Medusa is a new sub division from Bud Metal recs.



10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?



Well, I know Bud Metal recs. gave us a great support spreading around WINGS OF BLACK HOLOCAUST to distros, U.S Paragon recs. And some European labels like Pest distro and others, I hail Bud Metal and my Comrade Myrtroen for all the effort!!! But, actually I don’t know how the feedback is going… and I don’t care much about it, but the comrades of our circle have sent some good words and that means a lot… we are an almost anonymous necrounderground band doing music for ourselves first giving a shit about the current state of “extreme” metal scene, So just the freaks and necromancers from necroUG know us!



11.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?



We have plans to record a new EP next year, and that is all at moment, death is the only future I can assure… as for the music, Naturally, in the same way, doing things on our own way and vision… we don’t have the urge need to change or create something  “new” like those silly post subgenres, just black metal with this cold raw atmosphere between the 80’s and 90’s style, we don’t do nothing “new” but we do it on our own way and feelings, and for me, personally it is enough , to keep the roots of our purpose, believe when I say Dol Guldur songs represent Death and the terrifying nihil I really meant that… I’m not that  misanthropic evil guy that never smile trying to be kult with “wannabe” attitude, I’m not playing a fucking role, but Dol Guldur actually is the side of my inner self that never smile even though I do. That is my pathway in this shitty world… that is the music I have katharsis to do.



12.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?



I get influence from a lot of things if talking about my music, I get influence from movies, painting, my personal world and visions of life and death, if talking about music, 80’s and early 90’s black/death are influences to me, but also some new bands of comrades that keep the essence also have some influence on me…

I listen basically to black metal or black/death old school, now I’m listening a lot to Swamp, Black Misanthropy, Petards of Agony, Trono, Kabexnuv, Mortuary Drape, Satan Cult, Cabra Infernal, Hecate, Vlad Tapes, Apolion’s Genicide, Song D’enfer, Choronzonic, among others and old classic killer stuff like Mercyful fate, King Diamond, Sarcofago (old) Samael (old) Rotting Christ (old) Bathory (Black thrash era) I also listen to some few old rock bands but there is nothing to deal with Dol Guldur, most of the time I listen to black metal!



13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Watch out, there are still some occult bands just like us, Ennobling their own ideas and craft in the depths of necrounderground.
To the maniacs that may have identify with our thoughts and purpose, Our EP NECROCULTO including bonus tracks will be re-released  in split cassette version titled “DEATHKULT KATHARSIS”  with the dark and evil band Lord Frimost by Aniquilacion Satanica prod from Ecuador, and the Split WINGS OF BLACK HOLOCAUST will have cassette version released by Kult of BloodyRites prod. Also check out Bud Metal recs. And his comrade distros, the black wings of the hungry vultures shall cover everyone!!!and thanks for your interest... ABYSSUS ABYSSUM INVOCAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment