Saturday, October 24, 2015

Tundra Interview

>
> 1.Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
>
> First of all, thanx for your interest in our band.
>
> The new album "The Burning Fanatism" is completed from some times but will be released in the next days by Avantgarde Music. The recordings started in december 2011, and due to many shit happened during the following years, it seems that only now we have arrived at the end of this tunnel. Of course in the meantime we have done some other split releases as usual, ad there were many line-up changes as always in the story of the band. Actually we are putting the last touches on the material for a split album with italian band Vardan that will be released probably at the end of the year, and we have already completed works for a new full lenght album. There is always lot of ideas and stuff coming.
>
> 2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
>
> Due to some delay with the pressing plant, the album will be released during the last week of october. The music is always the same, as everything in the album was written by me (except one riff). The differences of course are into performance, as the musicians involved are the top for this genre: I found useless to write any kind of adjectives regarding Shatraug and Thorns. They are just the best. Differences can be found also into recording: we are raw as usual, but in a more professional way thanx to the help of the friends involved like Davide from Frostmoon Eclipse.
>
> 3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
>
> I usually write always about the same things: hate towards the society surrounding me. Its the same since the beginning, sometimes it comes in a different way and wrapped into a sort of little fiction story, but most of the time I go straight to the point. I don't like this philosophical way into black metal, I prefer a fist in the face. New stuff is more or less the same, also if the subjects could seems different. For example, the next full length is a concept album based on tv series Twin Peaks, exploring the human side of it, the connection between the evil and obscure subjects with the humans.
>
> 4.A few months back you where a part of a split with 'Korium', what are your thoughts on the other band that had participated on the recording?
>
> I simply love Korium. I feel a deep respect for Koronas, one of the few individual totally devoted to to a certain way to intend black metal. We need more projects like this into the black metal music.
>
> 5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
>
> Since the beginning of the band, our live activity is too little to pick up a best show. I can say at a personal level that I will never forget playing some of our old gigs because we shared the night with some of my favourite bands, but its just something regarding me, its not about a memorable concert for fans, like Kiss or Maiden. We go on the stage and we just try to unleash the same vibes that we have when we create our music.
>
> 6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
>
> The idea is to organize a number of selected shows to support the new album during the year 2016. One is already confirmed for June the 2nd, the Howling At The Moon Festival, together with our czech brothers Inferno and others bands to be confirmed. We hope to confirm some other gigs in the next months. Actually I am trying to work on a more solid stage persona image for the whole band, to support visually the same impact of the music. Nothing particular anyway, we don't need and nobody need it.
>
> 7.I know that one of the band members also runs 'Slava Satan Records', can you give us an update on what is going on with that label these days?
>
> I am behind the label, that was, is and will be always an hobby. As every little underground label, the activities are strictly connected with the problems related to  private life, so actually is in a sort of "on-hold" status. I will release for sure Tundra stuff under this name, and some other little things strictly connected with my close contacts, but for the rest I am not searching new bands and new releases to press.
>
> 8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to the newer music by fans of black metal?
>
> The term "worldwide" seems so weird when connected with my band. We are a very little entity, of course we have our little amount of followers (and I am glad and honoured of it), so I can't really talk about a worldwide feedback. I can say that everytime we have a new release out, some maniacs are interested to get it, so I am feeling great.
>
> 9.What is going on with some of the other bands or musical projects these days that some of the band members are a part of?
>
> I sometimes help a friend of mine with the black metal project Agonia Blackvomit: there is a new album based on an interesting concept out on the end of the year. I also help my brothers in Lost Reflection, an hard \ rock bands, so I can entertain myself playing my Precision Bass as my hero Steve Harris. The actual Tundra guitar player is involved into the black metal project Under (they have a split cd out the past september) and also play bass into the hardcore band Galera, they have a strong sound and a very dedicated underground approach.
>
> 10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
>
> We are heading nowhere. As usually most of the music and lyrics are coming from me, and I am not going to change my style, I don't feel the need. Sometimes stuff will be more raw and lo-fi, sometimes will be more atmospheric, but its always the same story: we have a strong derivative and unoriginal style, but with every new releases people tell me that it sounds Tundra. 80% of my lifetime I listen to Iron Maiden, so for sure you will forever find melodies in our music.
>
> 11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
>
> As I have already wrote, I listen mainly Iron Maiden since I was a child, I totally worship their works, also the new ones and the Blaze-era. Of course I am a sort of music-addicted, I buy cds every week, most of the times I don't pay the bills of my house to buy cds. I like many styles, but Black Metal is still my favourite, and I smile when I read or listen people telling that the genre is dead. My musical influences are all here, into Iron Maiden and into Black Metal. Films and books are also an inspiration, but mainly the daily shitty life.
>
> 12.How would you describe your views on Satanism and Occultism?
>
> Regarding Occultism, I was always fascinated by this topic. Unfortunately I never had the time, and probably the guts, to examinate it in a deep way. Talking about Satanism, I use this word to convey a personal way to intend all the aspects of my life. I don't tend to be part of any religious circle (apart when we talk about my favourite soccer team).
>
>
> 13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
>
>
> Again, thank you for interest in Tundra and for the interview, really appreciated. You can find info about our activities through our official website or following our facebook page. My last thought is for Vlad Blasphemer from Maniac Butcher, that recently left us forever.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment