· Formed in 2017 with a clear goal of writing space-themed black metal and combining it with dark ambient synths. Martin and Warren, having played together in various bands previously, have been writing music until they had an albums worth of material ready. Once that stage is complete we enlist the help of Jon and Tom on bass and drum duties respectively, recording the album over many weeks in a local studio
2.Recently you have released a new album, musically how does it differ from the recording you put out last year?
· Not a great deal musically, it still sounds like Superterrestrial, however we do feel that the overall songwriting and composition had improved. The biggest change would have to be on the final track “Moreton Wave” which has a great spacious feel and clocks in at just over 10 minutes long
3.Your lyrics cover a lot of space themes, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic?
· It is something that really interests us all, the fact there is still so much to know (and that we will probably never know). The main part we really focus on is the vastness of it all (hence the album titles) and how much there is (or isn’t…) up there
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Superterrestrial'?
· It means “above the earth” so it was the perfect choice!
5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the album cover?
· It was painted by our guitarist Martin, it’s his interpretation of a landscape on another world
6.Has the band done any live shows or open to the idea?
· Nothing at the moment due to commitments with other bands. We will never say never though…
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
· We have received a bit of interest but we are self-releasing everything at the moment through Green Flaw Productions
8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
· Positive from what we have seen, although we don’t really search anything out or spend much time online
9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
· We have no real desire to change anything for the next one for the sake of change, however we do take inspiration from far and wide so we are very open to the music evolving itself. So watch this space…
10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
· Mainly we are inspired by Black Metal (and all it’s variations) and also synth driven soundtrack scores (mainly John Carpenter)
11.What are some of your non musical interests?
· I can’t say we have many as it all revolves around music, but obviously our interest in the vastness of space and the pursuit of the mysteries that it contains. Oh, and decent ales, the darker the better.
12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
· Just thanks for your time and to anyone who takes the time to check us out.