Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nazarene Whore Interview


1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
---Nazarene Whore was created in 2003. Musically, at that time, it sounded a lot similar to what it does today & consisted of a drum machine, bass guitar & keyboards. In the early part of 2004, I decided to make Nazarene Whore the worst noise core band possible, with the notion of no one wanting to ever use the name again. (I had moved on to a few other projects and decided to put an end to Nazarene Whore) I guess it worked; no one has used it since.
   In 2013, I was propositioned by Jim Stanic/Desacration Of God Productions to record some new material under the Nazarene Whore moniker. I was reluctant at first, but later the next day, I decided to give it a go…the result was “The Purge Of Filth & Vomit” demo….the rest is history…now do your homework!

2. How would you describe your musical sound?
---I personally describe it as minimalistic unholy black filth

3. Can you tell us a little bit more about your song lyrics?
---Believe it or not, I don’t write any.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the projects name?
---I came up with name during the old Sacreligous Torment days…it was used as the name for our only demo. I snagged it from that.

5. How would you say your current music differs from the previous bands you were a part of in the past?
---I have been affiliated with many very diverse projects during the past few years, so it’s kind of hard to describe the differences sound-wise. Since 2003, the majority of my projects were of the noise or some type of experimental project, yielding no song structure….very harsh. I haven’t picked up a guitar since the old Sacreligious Torment days, quite honestly, until now…so I guess actually composed “songs” is a big difference.

6. Currently there is only 1 member in the band, do you feel this helps out a lot with creating the music you want to create?

---Very much so, my ideas, my inspiration/creativity, & my own headaches.

7. Recently there was a split with Nocturnal Evil, what are your thoughts on the other project that participated?


---Yeah the split with Nocturnal Evil just came out a few weeks ago…I’m very pleased with the way it came out. Patrick/Iron Bonehead does an amazing job with his releases, and hails to that sicko for the killer support!! Nocturnal Evil is a great fit for this release…very primitive, raw & obscure, not to mention noisy & unsettling. It’s definitely not a release catering to those who prefer the more polished recordings. I think the two bands create an overall atmosphere very compatible to one another. In addition, Eric is one hell of a blasphemous pervert!

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
---I guess for the most part, many people genuinely seem to be into it, which I greatly appreciate.
Although, I’m not really concerned with feedback or labels, be it positive or negative. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I can respect that. My ideals & concerns as to how I perceive my projects are what really matters.
   With that being said, I would like to state, that I’ve encountered quite a few cool people/supporters & for the most part I am very much overwhelmed by their enthusiasm & praise…

9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
---Musically, Nazarene Whore’s sound will pretty much stay the same. It is what it is;
simple, minimal, and ugly. Currently, I’ve taken a hiatus from recording/writing new material, since this past year has brought many releases to light, & I am trying to not over-do the redundancy.
   Perhaps during the course of the next year I will hopefully see a full length with more involved longer tracks. I try not to get too ahead of myself, so only time will tell.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
---As far as influences go, I’d have to say old Havohej, Beherit, Abruptum, Ildjarn-Nidhogg and the first Impaled Nazarene Lp “Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz” have played a crucial part in creating what you hear with Nazarene Whore.
   I tend to listen to a variety of music…currently on the playlist there has been a lot of Perversor, old Gore Beyond Necropsy, Morbid Yell, Necrobutcher, old Scorpions, Hiatus, Naked City, Industrial Holocaust, Mystifier’s “Goatia”, Sloppy Seconds, Diabolos Rising &Putrid Offal.

11. This project has been around for 10 years, what is it that motivates to keep on creating blasphemous music after all of these years?

---To crush Christ, to crush the weak trends of black metal fashion, money-grubbing,
elitists parasites who filter themselves into the scene and taint it with their pretentious
ideas & effortless trite they call “True”….

12. How would you describe your views on Satanism and occultism?
---I don’t have any

13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
---At the moment, being a dad has been taking up most of my time & interest.

14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

---Thank you & cheers to you for the Interview & support…Good luck with all your future endeavors!!



https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Nazarene_Whore/3540358847

No comments:

Post a Comment