1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
-At the moment we are rehearsing and preparing new songs for the future effort and
hopefully soon we can begin to record a new song for the upcoming split with Profezia.
2.How would you describe the musical sound of the new album and how it differs from previous releases?
-It reminds me of somewhat similar to Satyricon’s first album and maybe even little bit of Ulver's "Nattens Madrigal". We have grown as a band to a totally new level bringing a bit of melody to the already existing core, I try to maintain true to my origins musically as much as possible yet creating something new and inspiring.
3.The song lyrics cover a lot of Pagan topics, can you tell us a little bit more about your views on Paganism?
-Paganism is a part of an important core that defines my world view. I am not a shaman but I have more or less shamanistic world view. I used to be more like agnostic but that changed pretty much after my near death accident and therefore I've become to seek knowledge, power and guidance from both the giants/titans, gods, spirits of my ancestors, surrounding world and beyond.
4. The band started out as Lost Wisdom but changed the name, what was the decision behind the name change and also what is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Ancestors Blood?
-It was brought to my attention that there was/is already a band(s) existing by that name so I had to search for new one, I wasn't satisfied by the name anyway so no big deal. Be that as it may I had a dream of a huge ancient battle taking place somewhere unknown, blood and guts etc. everywhere until a sudden silence and darkness. Then I woke up and realized that what better way to describe a name that combines my interest towards all the things of certain aspect that I hold precious and thus Ancestors Blood came to existence.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
- Our every performance has been an eyeopener to fully see what things work and what doesn't.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
-No plans for tour or live performances yet, hopefully something comes up in the future.
7. The new album came out on Heidens Hart Records, how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given yo so far?
-It was somewhere around 2004-05 when I first contacted them and sent them promo material, they replied with a great interest of releasing "Wisdom..." and so agreement was made. HHR has been the most supportive label that our band could have, we owe them gratitude for giving us the audibility that has helped to raise the knowledge of existence of Ancestors Blood.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of pagan and black metal?
-What I've talked with people and read some of the reviews it has been both positive and negative so quite normal feedback.
9. What is going on with the other musical projects these days/
-Kadotus is preparing a new album and plays live whenever possible.
A new project which I am involved carries the name Kuolonkorpi, we are finishing the first demo hopefully soon and have already started creating new songs.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
-We will take a new step ahead and the next effort will possibly be much more slower paced and yet even atmospheric than our latest album.
11.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
- Some of the early and present influences are Bathory, Enslaved, Ulver, Kampfar, Moonsorrow, Primordial, Manowar, Manilla Road, Absu...
Also music composers like Jerry Goldsmith, Ennio Morricone, Basil Poledouris, Bill Conti, Jason Hayes, Glenn Stafford, Jonathan Dunn, Nils-Aslak Valkeapää and classical such as Sibelius, Bach etc. Then there are bands like Goblin, Irwin Goodman, Mortiis, 80's Pantera, Rainbow, Motörhead, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Saxon, OZ, Rush, Death SS, Dio, Black Sabbath, Morbid, Death, Mötley Crüe, Iron Maiden, Paradise Lost, Candlemass, Saint Vitus, W.A.S.P.etc.
12.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
-I meditate, read books, watch movies, go jogging, play video games etc.
13.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
-Thank you for this interview opportunity and all the best to your zine's future.
Let the flames of our ancestors burn forever in our hearts!