1. Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
Dave: We spent a lot of time finishing everything else after the recording of the album, as it was finished in the end of 2011 right after the release of “I”. Mixing, mastering and designing issues took a lot of time until we were fully satisfied. After that there was a lot to do to help our label with their promo work. At the moment we are recording guitars and drums for our next output.
2. Recently you put out a new album, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical direction it is in and also how does it differ from the album you released in 2011?
D: I think it feels more compact than our first output. The album fits together perfectly in every song. It drags you so much deeper. The concept is the same like than on our last and our next album.
3. When I look at the band logo, I noticed that there is a third eye, does Occultism or other similiar topics play a role in your music?
D: “Occult” sounds like para-science. I would rather speak about reality. Our music deals with our reality as we experience it. There are strange things going on in the world and we can´t percept with our five senses. The frequencies beyond the visible light are further than our mind can expect. The world is not what it seems to be. You are being lied to...!
4. Can you tell us a little bit more about the song lyrics on the new album what they cover and also how you feel you have progressed as songwriters over the last 2 years?
D: I don´t want to give any preoccupation to our listeners. They have to experience it in their own way. We developed as personalties rather than our technical skills. It feels like a natural development. We never practise on our own, everything just happens.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
D: As we haven´t played any gigs right now, there are no best performances.
6. Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
D: No. We are a songwriting and studio oriented band. We love to work in the studio and develop our songs. Besides the music we are full time workers. As there is not much time to work with more musicians on a concept to bring the same quality to stage. A two man band is much easier to handle than a full band and it would take a lot of time to fit more than 2 egos together. If you have such a limited amount of time, you have to set priorities. And by the way, rehearsing and playing the same songs all the time is really boring.
7.The new album came out on Exciter Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
D: As it is a new label and we are the first release there is not much to tell. The future will show in which direction it goes and we wish Alex the best in releasing more quality music. At the moment I think he is searching for some special bands for future releases and busy regarding our upcoming release.
8. What is going on with the other musical projects these days?
D: Beside SME, nothing. SME is my second full time job and there is no time for other projects.
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
D: We started to record drums and guitars just a few weeks ago. We want it to be really dark and experimental. That´s we want it to sound like. It happens on a very intuitive level and not as a conscious decision. Let´s see what future brings.
10. What are some bands or musical style that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
D: I´m really much into John Carpenter Scores at the moment and listen to a lot of experimental music like Aun. The new Ulver album is fantastic as well and i can´t get my hands off of Kraftwerk´s Trans Europa Express.
11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?
D: I do a lot of handcraft work on building synthesizers and small sound machines. I´m collecting analogue synthesizers and strange sounding things. Besides music there isn´t much except reading books and watching 70´s and 80´s sci fi movies.
12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
D: Thanks for your interest in our music and this interview. Support DIY bands in buy their stuff if you like what you hear. It is really hard financing projects like this nowadays. You can find us at www.stellarmasterelite.com.