1. Can you tell us a little bit about the band for those that have never heard of you before?
Bastion: Hello! It’s impossible you didn’t hear about us (laugh). The idea of the band was conceived in 2002, but in fact we started in 2005, so it took us 3 years. That was when I met our drummer for the first time. Then ,we wrote the songs and recorded our first demo (Lord of Chaos - bass/vocal, Bastion – guitar, S.A.Q – drums). After that we played a few concerts, but we had some problems with the line up. Lord of Chaos left the band, but soon „T” appeared and we were able to record our next CD „Death Syndrome”.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
B: Everyone can hear how Inglorious sounds. We made this sound with the person we often cooperate with. This is our friend and a great producer Krzysztof Godycki. Our next release will be recorded in Roslyn Studio, too.
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
B: Inglorious mocks and sneers at the surrounding world. We try to make the listeners realize that we’re not better than animals at all.
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
B: The name „Inglorious” is connected with human nature, to put it more precisely, moral values, a specific way of life, which we think is shameful, disgraceful and discreditable. That is how we see human nature.
5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
B: I can’t say any of our shows was better or worse. I would say they were all very good. Attendance is always high. We like the spontaneous reaction of audience, especially when it makes some noise.
6. Do you have any touring plans for the future?
B: Yes. We’re planning a summer/autumn mini tour. We would like to play some concerts in Poland and abroad.
7.The last album came out on DarkZone Productions how did you get in contact with this label and how would you describe the support they have given you so far?
B: After recording session we sent our demo to many record companies, among other places, to DZP. Diovis wrote us that he was interested in releasing our CD. We agreed. Cooperation beetween us is very productive. The record company promotes Inglorious. Our CD is available around the world. They were also many interviews and reviews about us published.
8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
B: Positive and motivating voices are coming from everywhere.
9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
B: The line up is rather stable. We don’t need to hire session musicians, too. Me and S.A.Q. don’t took part in other projects, but „T” is a guitarist in „Illuminandi”.
10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
B: We are going to record material that is almost by ready now, but what about future? You have to wait (laugh).
11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
B: I used to be inspired by other bands, but now it’s different. I have my own playing and composing style. In fact I listen to different kinds of music, not only metal.
12. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
B: It doesn’t. We identify with no f***ing ideology. We just don’t give a sh** about them.
13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
B: Painting and art.
14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
B: Just stay tuned and wait for our new release. Thanks for the interview.