Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Marder Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?

1. Marder is a one-man black/death metal project from Poland established in early 2019.

2.So far you have released an ep, can you tell us a little bit more about the musical style you went for on the recording?
2. This recording was essentially a proof of concept. I wanted to prove to myself that I'm capable of creating and releasing music. I chose to mix two of my favourite music genres- black and death metal. The music turned out to lean more on the black metal side, with growled vocals and death metal riffs complementing it.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band has explored so far with the music?
3. The lyrics are mostly talking about death and personal struggles, though you can find some blasphemy and anti-religious themes too.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Marder'?
4. It's a wordplay on my last name. I don't want to explain it, as I prefer to remain anonymous.

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about the artwork that is presented on the ep cover?
5. I created it myself. It's a visual representation of how I imagine chaos.

6.Has the band done any live shows or is this strictly a studio project?
6. At the moment it is a studio project only.

7.The ep was released on 'Nailed Nazarene Industries', how did you get in contact with this label?
7. The owner of the netlabel was so kind to contact me himself. I'm very happy with our cooperation so far.

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black and death metal?
8. To be honest, I am surprised how many people have heard my music. I anticipated a much smaller response. People seem to have rather positive opinions, too.

9.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
9. I'm constantly coming up with new ideas, so new material is bound to be released this year, probably as an EP or two. I think the music is going to end up being more complex and experimental. I don't plan on dropping the death metal brutality though. In the nearest future I'd like to refine my sound and find a label that would make it possible for me to release my music physically. I think the earliest a full-length could come is in 2021.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
10. An obvious impact was made by the 90s Norwegian black metal scene. I was also influenced by some specific bands like, amongst others, Corpsessed, Incantation, or Deicide. Currently, I'm listening to music all across the metal genre and beyond.

11.Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
11. It did. I'm not affiliated with any satanic organizations, but I find myself agreeing with most of the philosophy behind non-theistic Satanism.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12. Thanks to everyone who has supported me and thank you for this interview.

Bandcamp
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment