Thursday, February 13, 2020

Chagrin/Destined To Suffer Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before can you tell us a little bit more about yourself and your musical projects?
1. I have been making music since 10 years old, I’m self-taught, the main instrument is the guitar, the path to the world of music began for me with punk rock, the first group was assembled at 16, we played punk rock / punk metal, but later my tastes changed just like my worldview, a few years later the group broke up, and I continued to do solo music. For several years I was looking for new groups, but the search was unsuccessful, so I continued to do some work alone. Now there are several people with whom I plan to do something together, but they are few, Varg Sverr will be the main participant.   

2.Musically how do all your projects differ from each other?
  2.They differ in ideology, in the philosophical plan of writing texts - technically speaking, they are not very different, but in terms of sound I try to find my own sound for each project - each project has its own energy and mood, this can be noticeable to the listener.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

3.Out of all your musical projects which one do you consider to be your main one?
3.Destined to suffer/Chagrin.   

4.Since 2019 you have released a great amount of  material, do you spend a great amount of time writing and creating music?
4.The writing of each album takes from 3 days to 3 weeks, until it is completely ready for listening. What can be said about 2019, this year was fruitful, very fruitful.   

5.Can you tell us a little bit more about some of the lyrical topics that you have explored with your music so far?
 5.The theme of my songs is loneliness, death, and in general I write about the most negative traits in a person. In general, I just write music to share it with people, so I don’t look at all this from a commercial point of view, and my music is completely available for free.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

6.I have noticed on the albums I have heard so far you avoid fast playing or blast beats, is that going to change on future releases?
      6.I can play different styles of music, from punk rock to thrash metal, but the main style that I like is black metal in all its forms and subgenres.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

7.While most of your projects are solo you work with another musician on 'Lifeless', do you prefer to record most of your music by yourself?
  7.Initially, my musical practice was only in writing music, due to problems with working with several musicians in other projects, I started to write everything on my own from 2019, I was just tired of waiting for them to do something, I don’t like to waste time on expectations, so it’s easier for me to do everything alone. But now I have several projects with different musicians from other countries, and so far I have managed to make only one album with Varg Sverr from Norway, what will happen next, I don’t know for sure, but I can say one thing: I will continue to write solo projects.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

8.On a worldwide level how has the reaction been to your music by fans of black metal?
    8.I definitely can’t say anything, on the Internet I periodically see my work on different sites, someone shares my music on Facebook and sends me various offers, but there are very few of them. Since I definitely do not do all of this from a commercial point of view, there is little information about my work, so few people are familiar with my work, there are people who help with the promotion, and I want to thank them for this, including you. But in general, I can’t give a concrete answer, since no one is engaged in promotion and media in a wide range, and I am not a member of any label. 

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician during the future?
    9.Probably nowhere, I just write music and share it with people. The concert activity for me ended in 2014.                                                 

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
  10.I listen to a variety of music, from punk rock to black metal. Now I mainly listen to heavy music, but in general I do not limit myself to one style and framework, different music helps to develop different ideas. But I don’t
I say that I listen to absolutely everything. Everything is very selective.                                                     

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
 11.I like to relax in the fresh air, especially alone. I like to take pictures, it's unprofessional, but sometimes I take pictures for myself. I also like to read poetry and sometimes watch horror movies. I like to communicate with interesting people, unusual personalities.But alas, there are very few of them in my field of vision. I am also interested in philosophy and the spiritual world of man, but the main occupation and interest is music.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
12.I only have wishes for everyone. I want to wish everyone good luck and more good and interesting music. Do what you like and less of the everyday problems that surround us every day. Once again, I thank everyone who somehow helps in promoting underground music, and I wish everyone good luck and health. Thank you for your attention and special respect for you

https://chagrin71.bandcamp.com/music

No comments:

Post a Comment