- Oldschool, raw, bestial, monolithic, rotten and aggressive.
-It is evident that the lyrics follow a minimalistic pattern and they aim towards every direction possible. Also some of the main themes in our lyrics are: our contradiction towards every aspect of the organised religions, total nihilism and every thing that makes humanity an unrecyclable piece of garbage and accelerates it's downfall and demise.
4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Human Serpent?
- "Human Serpent" has a certain meaning and weight in the Occult cyrcle although its meaning can have different names in different castes. For some moronic people it means just a human in a serpent-like form, but for us "Human Serpent" represents the organic purification that substancially breeds a spiritual pursuit, outside the narrow borders of anything that bears light or darkness.
5.Currently there are only 2 members in the project, are you open to working with other musicians or do you choose to reaming a duo?
- For the past years we have been part of other bands and as a result we have co-operated with many people. None of them had an ideological view of life and all they cared about is how to get laid. The bands consists of 2 people because there is a big amount of communion between us and also because we have grown tired of dealing with the wrong people. Of course at the begining it was extremely hard to cope with the responsibilities of the band as a duo but with hard work we managed to find the right balance. In the upcoming full-length there will be a person that is very close to us that will offer his help in the rehearsals, playing the bass. It is not clear yet if he will be the one to record the bass. Also if there is an opportunity for a live gig he will provide us with his help. In conclusion, the band will remain as a duo and will seek help from session members only for live gigs.
-Just a few days ago we made a deal for the release of our debut full-length, with a Russian label, called "DEATH KNELL PRODUCTIONS". The release is scheduled to take place in the mid 2014. The release will be in a digipack form as well. There is also a deal with a French label, called INFERNAL KOMMANDO Records. This deal is the re-release of our promotional demo "The Eternal Loyalty To Misanthropy" in Limited black tape format.
7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
The 300 self-released copies of our promotional demo are nearly sold-out. We have come to the conclusion that people from other countries showed much more interest, supporting us and buying our demo. On the other hand, our fellow countrymen had even hostile attitude towards our very first work, there were many exception of course. It is known now that the people from your own country will never help you or support you, however, they will try to hold you down, to demean you and your work and they will do their best to prevent you from expressing yourself.
8.Are there any other musical projects besides this band?
- There is nothing that can be considered serious for the reasons that we mentioned before in your question about Human Serpent being a 2-men band.
9.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
- We want to maintain the ideological status of the band. The minimalism, the hatred and the aggression.
-We are influenced by Metal as a whole, we listen to Metal and we serve Black Metal. We are big fans of the Norwegian, the Finnish,the Swedish and The French scenes. Each Human Serpent member has his own influences and his own "favorite" bands that make the band sound and be what it is today.
- We do not want to label ourselves. As we mentioned before our position as a band is ideological and not musical. There is a certain form of propaganda in our very own existence, there are messages and a view of life that has its foundation deep within our souls and the experiences that each of us had in their personal life. The search deep within ourselves is our main concern, anything that can make us come a step closer to an understanding is trully welcome. FUCK OFF to those that want to label us as something what we are not.
- We do not think that there is anyone who would be interested in learning about our lives and what we do besides music.
- Thank you for this interview.