Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Selbst Interview


1.Can you tell us a little bit about the musical project for those that have never heard of you before?

Selbst is a black metal project from Venezuela. Has been gestating since 2010 approximately. Frozen, who lives in Spain, is the session vocal and has been a terrific support.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that was present on the demo and split?

I would describe it as atmospheric black metal enough "free" without fixed structures. All music that I listen to has some influence on my way of composing, I hear black metal and various styles of metal, apart from other things that do not necessarily have a direct relationship with this gender.

3.According  to the metal archive page, the lyrics cover Antidogmatism,  and Individualism,  can you tell us a little bit more about it?

My lyrics are a reflex of myself, my personal vision of everything around me, they express unconformity to all kind of dogmatism or divine devotions; they talk about how some people want to keep the others submissive under their control. Human kind is full of internal plagues that aren’t anything but our own instinct.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Selbst?

Selbst means "itself", is the ultimate realization of being. Individualization. So I thought it fit perfectly with what I wanted. I took this German word from Antichrist`s book (Nietzsche).

5.Currently there is mostly solo, do you have plans on expanding the line up in the future?

At the moment I don't have any plans but I would like to have available a full time drummer.

6.Recently Self Mutilation Services but out a 3 way split, can you tell us a little bit more about these bands, I know that they all share a mutual member?

Yes, both of them are Frozen`s projects. Aversio humanitatis have a full length from 2011 called "Abandonment Ritual", released by Self Mutilation Services too. And nihil has released a demo called "Cosmic Pessimism" In by the same label. Both bands are awesome.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

Good, we are recent projects, but some people has shown us their support.

8.What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?

I´m working right now on new material and I can say that this will sound more fast and intense!

9.What are some bands or musical style that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Principally black metal, but also some atmospheric music and other things that not have direct relation with extreme music.

10.Does Occultism or Satanism play any role in the music?

Not really.

11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?

...

12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Thanks to you for your interest and all people that support us!


No comments:

Post a Comment