Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ab Eterno Interview


For those that have never heard of you before can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Zet Sebou
Ab Eterno have a great potential that can make that our more negative feelings arises, and excite our more noble thoughts.
The band searches that each song finds sounds and words liberation, to provoke an implosion in the mind of the person who listen it.
Witchy Hxryn
I can’t tell you what Ab Eterno sounds, you’ve to listen it, and feel it. It’s not only a musical project, it’s a feeling, a life…
One thing is what I think Ab Eterno is, another is what people thinks is, and other very different is what really is. Is simple as Ab Eterno is Ab Eterno.

2.How would you describe the musical sound that is present on the demo?
  Zet Sebou

Raw and melody.
Raw: hatred and anger
Melody: mind and senses

Witchy Hxryn
Simple Black Metal, the simplest one…
Made from the deepest feelings, with raw sounds, filled of our life experiences…


What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
Witchy Hxryn
We’re actually working in a second full length. We don’t have demos.
The first full length is named “Forever Black Metal, Possessed my Heart”.
The lyrical topics are resumed in forests, philosophy, religion and black metal. Forests are the unique place where we feel in peace and far of the civilization, are the inspiration of all of our lyrics, the place where we meditate and think about our life’s.
Philosophy is something very important to us, because we’re humans; we live in a civilization, so all the things that people do, affect to all of us.  I can’t be indifferent (I talk only for me) to all the situations that happens in my society, in my country, in the world…  So all those topics, that I live and experience I have to write it in a lyric.
The philosophy must be practiced, not only with beautiful words; it must be practiced at all stages, if not left in fantasies and utopias. The songs are just a way to convey what I think.
The fucking religion, is just a way of remorse, I have no remorse of my acts…

What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Ab Eterno?
Zet Sebou
I don’t know what was the beginning of Ab Eterno, the name already existed when I joined.
I'm not interested in the past, I’m just interested in what I have just lived with Ab Eternal now.
Witchy Hxryn
Ab Eterno means in our language “Para la Eternidad” (For the eternity). In 2007 I meet a nice guy, named emperor belial, and we talk about forming a band. We like black metal, and we have similar ideology, so we formed a “band” named Betrayal with another  3 members, but we never do a song or a cover. Later, we accorded that we have to make music without the support of other guys, so I think that the best name have to be “Ab Eterno” because, for us Black Metal is forever, and our legacy should be for the eternity.
Finally with that guy, we had differences, and Ab Eterno was only a name.
By knowing Zet and when we formed a band, I remembered those beautiful words that have so much meaning for me, so simple and so concrete, so I suggested Zet we should call our band like Ab eterno; he gladly accept.
Ab eterno should be forever…

5.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain a duo?

Zet Sebou
I feel good with the band like a duo. Always will be a place for someone else.
Witchy Hxryn
I feel very comfortable with Zet, I think that we’re okay now.
Always is a good experience to meet people that have similar ideology, so if we find someone with power, ideology and desires to form part of our band he/she is welcome.










6.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Witchy Hxryn
We’re working with the virtual label Weeping of Akbul .
Weeping of Akbul is a virtual record label of our country: Guatemala. The label supports various bands of any  metal  genre in the country.
Currently the owner of Weeping of Akbul, Lord Marbas, is member of my other band called Funeral Art.
We have not received any proposal from another label.

7.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
Witchy Hxryn
We only have feedback of guatemalan fans. We don’t care if the music is accepted or not. We do music for us, if someone else listen it, is okay, is for free, if not we don’t have any problem.
You can download: https://www.mediafire.com/download/h2ln08ncj0y8b0e/Forever%20Black%20Metal%2C%20Possessed%20my%20heart.rar
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this band?
Witchy Hxryn
Yes, I actually have another band.
Currently I belong to Funeral Art. Like in Ab Eterno, we are only two members (Lord Marbas). The music is completely different between the two bands. Funeral Art is an black avant-garde project. This band exists since 2007.

In March 2013 I made a project with Raven, named Fogata. Interestingly we were also only two members (raven nevermore). Unfortunately with Fogata we only made a disc titled “Principles” that never was published, nor selled. Fogata was an ambient black metal project.

9.What direction do you see the music heading into on future releases?
Witchy Hxryn
I don’t care about the future of Ab Eterno. Actually we’re working in a second full length. I only know that if we, someday we’re not longer with Zet, our legacy will continue with our songs.







10.What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Zet Sebou
I am not influenced by any band. Would lose much of us as a band if we let ourselves be influenced. "I'd rather be wrong with my style, to be good in the style of someone else. "
We are the black metal genre, but we don’t play black metal of another band.
Witchy Hxryn
I’m influenced by the human nature, my daily life, my experiences…

11.Outside of music what are some of your interests?

Zet Sebou
Be free, outside of that I do not think there is anything else that interests me. Music is not an interest, it’s a passion.

Witchy Hxryn
Informatics. This science is the modern philosophy, through abstraction we can materialize ideas, something that doesn’t exist in the underworld, becomes existent for such a complex and impressive device: the computer. Through the programming can visualize ideas, solve problems.
Also the internet is the only place where communism is real. Although even selfishness remains in the network, where parasites who only want to get there, there are many people who share the most valuable thing anyone can give: time and knowledge. That's why this virtual world is worth so much to me, and that's why I'm an engineer in this area.

Another of my passions is human behavior, I love to know why people act as they do.

It goes without saying that music is a big passion and black metal is something that accompanies my every day. It is something that completes me and comforted in times where hatred of existence.


12.Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?

Zet Sebou
Listen to Ab Eterno. There is not bad music, just bad taste. Always and forever, black metal and Ab Eterno.
Witchy Hxryn
Thanks to Occult Black Metal Zine, for this space.
Our official fanpage is: https://www.facebook.com/AbEternogt.  You can contact via inbox. We upload videos at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2U9Ph6mUuM6zmzWzils_UA
Forever black metal, you’ve possessed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment